After posting video depicting violent murder of Ocasio-Cortez, Rep. Paul A. Gosar to be ejected from congressional committees

It works for me. (Now, probably not later.)

https://twitter.com/MycroftRick/status/1461334896140599297

6 Likes

Wait. I said they wouldn’t re-elect him? Is my face red.

5 Likes

I have started to question if we should keep this limitation, there are plenty of real things to blame the republicans for: 1st and foremost, the g-d pandemic is going on because they are keeping it alive! I think our Democratic reps need to be willing to get dirtier.

2 Likes

I agree. I think he should be indicted as a co-conspirator for 6Jan.

5 Likes

Okay, not to harp on this, but when you write things like (to paraphrase), “I’m sure he was more excited about being portrayed a warrior than he was about inciting violence,” what you’re doing there is giving him the benefit of the doubt. That’s what that means. You’re assuming his motives were of the “less evil” variety, with really no basis for making that assumption. :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

I feel like no one is touching the fact that this man likely just does not see violence as morally wrong like, at all.

12 Likes

It’s all about saying FU to the libs. If the middle finger implies murder, all the better. It is their “morality”.

1/6 was a giant middle finger with murder.

9 Likes

I agree. My only basis is that I think he is an idiot.

1 Like

tenor (3)

2 Likes

Idiots can’t incite violence or be morally bankrupt enough to want to incite violence? Does a desire to incite violence need competence to pull off? :thinking:

8 Likes

being an idiot does not preclude inciting violence, nor competence.

my assumption that he was more excited about casting himself as a hero does not preclude he also could incite violence or wanted to.

Everybody seems to want to argue with somebody giving him the benefit of the doubt. I’m not going to be that guy. I just think his idiocy and vanity was the highlight here.

angry robert downey jr GIF

6 Likes

Perhaps it’s time people on the whole should make an effort to detangle the ambiguity between cognitive impairments, intellectual disability, and being a shitty person.

14 Likes

Which one is Gosar? No. 3! People did the same stuff with Trump back when he was running and then got elected… “well, he’s an idiot out to stroke he own ego”… or, maybe he REALLY believes the shit he says and wants to ensure one party rule, via violence if necessary! Whether he’s vain is literally immaterial to the authoritarian part!

Fascism or authoritarianism doesn’t take smarts or great level of competence, because it’s underpinned by high violence and willingness to commit violence. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

I think a LOT of people are soooo invested in the lie/myth/narrative/fantasy of an intelligence-based gradient that fuels some kind of meritocracy that they just can’t see what’s happening in front of them anymore.

… and I have no answers for that unfortunately.

9 Likes

Ignorantia juris non excusat

I mean - if he wants to make a diminished capacity claim; that’s his right.

8 Likes

Once someone is confirmed as an arsehole (e.g. by his immediate family appearing in ads begging people not to support him or by his own depraved party censuring him for going too far) it’s fair to use that classification as the primary reason to get him out of your life if he’s in it.

If there are other roots to the behaviour they can be considered later, but aside from a severe mental break with reality there is no real excuse for continuing to act like a jerk when one has been called out for it on a regular basis.

11 Likes

I’m not sure which time period you’re referring to.

This guy nearly beat a Senator to death with a cane on the floor of Congress and still wasn’t ousted from his seat. After surviving the attempt to oust him he voluntarily resigned, saying it was because he wanted his district’s voters to weigh in on his actions. They voted him back into office.

2 Likes

I’d only ever looked at two of his tweets, both restricted to follows-only replies. So he seems to do it selectively, which is even weirder to me given how much of his feed is horrible.

1 Like

I’m not sure if he is capable of that. His own family says he’s goddamn awful and dangerous

5 Likes