After receiving insults for insulting a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, Jordan Peterson departs from Twitter in a snit

This should totally be a Thing. I propose the 2nd Law of Conservation of Canadian Celebrity, in which any sub-quantum changes in Canadian Celebrity are absorbed by Ryan Reynolds.

Bored Ryan Reynolds GIF

16 Likes
33 Likes

Huh, so why is he so bent out of shape about being targeted by a horde of Nelsons, as he sees it? Surely with that much “development” he’d be on a path to god-like perfection.

16 Likes

Jordan Peterson doesn’t find the cover model attractive. His choices are:
a) Don’t buy the magazine,
b) Buy the magazine, but only look at the other models,
c) Go full asshole and try to publicly body shame the model, then be surprised when the internet calls him on it.

91% seems quite low, actually.

16 Likes

“Dork Enlightenment”? Ha. Well done.

4 Likes

Some folks of a similar height and weight who have dealt with shitty sentiments like Peterson’s, which are endemic in culture, may find it affirming to know that a person of that height and weight can be on the front cover of a magazine full of people whose job is being professionally considered attractive, maybe.

But, yeah, maybe we put away the calipers and stop reducing this human woman to a collection of measurements.

7 Likes

15 Likes

“authoritarian tolerance” is cringy for so many reasons.

10 Likes

Wait, with his weird definition of “truth”, does this mean Twitter is now no longer “the truth”?

Also…“authoritarian… tolerance”? JFC, these people have climbed so far up their own sphincters that they probably think this makes even a lick of sense…he sounds no different than the typical dumbass that has learned just enough to know that fascism and Nazism are considered bad things, and then call leftists “fascist” and so on…but he’s somehow a professor? Somewhere, the system failed in vetting him.

Also, maybe he’s just taking a lesson from that other article here on BB that mentioned taking breaks from social media? I do find it amusing that the man known for telling young men to make their beds needs help to not use social media, though.

6 Likes

I assume that “authoritarian tolerance” means enforced acceptance and that Peterson uses the term to position liberals as intolerant authoritarians.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what you think it means, he’ll retroactively redefine it the moment it suits him to do so.

16 Likes

I feel like we can’t let you take all the blame for Cruz. Religion gets half credit, because if his father hadn’t found religion, Cruz likely would have stayed in Canada, and he’d be entirely your problem now. Wait… that may mean you should be thanking religion…I might have to rethink this.

11 Likes

So did we manage to quantize how much “authoritarian tolerance” it took?

2 Likes

I said nothing about her not being on the cover. I think she’s lovely and belongs on there as much as anyone and never said otherwise.

But also, maybe we can stop ogling women altogether and treating us like whack material…

18 Likes

I dunno, I feel like knowing a person’s favourite muppet is a useful insight into their personality.

13 Likes

Beauty is inherently subjective. To post as he did is the mark of an idiot who thinks his own tastes are universal and that there can be no divergence from that standard.

5 Likes

So it appears there are multiple covers for this issue? One one which is Elon Musk’s mother. It is also possible my brain finally broke

4 Likes

When your definition of liberalism includes Marxism-Leninism and Juche (which both use the word liberal as an insult) you can nutpick whatever negative view you like.

18 Likes

I don’t know if “nutpick”was a typo or not, but I’m yoinking it. It’s a slightly subtler form of the more commonly known “mansplaining.”

18 Likes

In this situation, my only words for this idiot are his own.

From his book of trite self-help mixed with narrow-minded mysticism, I quote:

“Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.”

17 Likes