AG Barr criticizes Trump's tweets on Stone: He should stop, his tweets 'make it impossible for me to do my job'

Then all the deputy and district AGs just need to convince Trump that he can force-choke them. That, and stock up on mustaches.

6 Likes

If he cared about public shame, he wouldn’t be working for Trump. As bad as Trump is in public, he’s likely worse in private. Barr knows what he’s facilitating. His “protest” was likely orchestrated with the administration… “Pretend you’re feisty and independent by complaining about something that doesn’t matter, like my tweets, but still do everything that I want.”.

12 Likes

This, except it wasn’t so much an agreement, as another of his commands to his lackey. I used to say that everyone in the administration was Faust, now I think they’re all Renfield. They know they serve a monster, and glory in it.

2 Likes

Boo hoo hoo. Like even Donnie’s new Roy Cohn can get him to do shit.
I guess the four US attorneys quitting on him kinda put the lie to the claim that DOJ is about anything other than (like SCOTUS!) putting Donnie about law and country.
Then again, the establishment press took Barr’s shtick seriously so who knows. I suppose enough people will fall for it although I doubt much of the DOJ is that dumb.
Great shit sandwich Donnie and Barr made there.

1 Like

This is exactly what Barr is trying to telegraph. He’s trying to communicate to Trump that “Please let me do my job – supinely fulfilling all your impulsive authoritarian whims – but I can’t do it when you keep blabbing about it on Twitter.”

And we know that there’s still no daylight between Barr/Trump because Trump did not react to Barr’s interview with his own acidic counter-Tweets.

This is like politics in Russia. Government officials pretend to be independent and Putin pretends to respect their independence.

11 Likes
18 Likes

(Not a video, a screengrab from the tweets in the original post)

Yeah, that would be the look on my face if Bill Barr said that to me.

Fun fact, Pierre Thomas didn’t have that moustache when the interview started, it spontaneously sprung forth so he could look at Barr in exactly that way.

I think it’s totally plausible that the tweet didn’t influence Barr’s actions because Trump had already told Barr to do it earlier. Then when Barr was about to do it Trump tweeted and Barr thought, “What the fuck is wrong with this fucking idiot?!?”

11 Likes

As others have said, observe how Trump reacts. If he does not attack the AG, this is calculated political theater. They want to create the impression that Trump does not dictate, that the AG is independent. Make no mistake, the Pres and AG are working in concert. If they were not, Trump would attack.

2 Likes

KaeFab to make them look like they aren’t in a 21st century First Triumvirate.

1 Like

What’s crazy is that I now kinda miss Jeff Sessions as AG.

2 Likes

Well, that accent did help to make him more cartoonishly villainous.

5 Likes

You think that was the goal, make Sessions seem palatable by having Barr be cartoonishly corrupt?

Just look at it!

6 Likes

They think Trump’s base is comprised of idiots, and they are correct. They couldn’t care less what WE think.

4 Likes

Does it matter if you are smarter then the mob if the mob can kill you?

1 Like

And they’re getting away with it.

1 Like

snl-kate-mckinnon-sessions-yes-tail

4 Likes

No, it’s just the natural reaction to Trump and his admin getting worse and worse.

It’s the same thing why W., who was an absolute disaster as a president, now looks better in comparison, because Trump is an absolute disaster as a president, and a dumpster fire of a human being without any redeeming qualities.

7 Likes

Barr and Session are both dumpster fires, but was wondering if at some point Trump was considering sacrificing Barr and bringing Sessions back in, now that Mueller was over.

1 Like