giphy (1)

8 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

It’s time to stop screaming and do someth…tumblr_lycfdg9DK11rnaa85o1_500

5 Likes

[in scream] I’M DOING MY PART

7 Likes

Why bother to listen to people trying to come up with post-hoc reasoning for their choice. They support Moore not because thety believe their fantasies. They believe their fantasies because they need to support Moore.

The candidate himself doesn’t matter. Not Moore and not Trump.

They could be serial killers, because what matters to their supporters is what they represent to the them in the culture war, not what they themselves have done or not done.

You are likely correct. But then as those on the winning side of the culture war (although it doesn’t always feel like it, ask anyone who isn’t straight male white middle-class whether they’d prefer to be living 50 years ago), we can afford to make long-term smart moves over the desperate short-term win-at-any-cost measures of the conservatives.

When the fires of the reactionary movement finally burn down over the next several years, we’ll likely see the Trumps and Moores become as much of an mill-stone around the neck of the conservatives as Nixon was.

4 Likes

I heard this morning on NPR somebody saying that she prefered to vote for a guy that may have or have not molested teenagers that for a guy that supports the murdering of millions of yet-to-be-born babies. That’s the way they frame their choice. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

and Bhenengazaziiiiii

1 Like

Doug Jones is the winner. Morality beats scum at least for this moment.

14 Likes

giphy

10 Likes

7 Likes

OMG! I was sure Moore was going to win! I’ve never been so glad to be wrong in my life!

partay-animal

22 Likes

Smash ALL the crappy bowls!!

15 Likes

Smash all the crappy plates, too!!!

greek-smashing-plates

14 Likes

I sure wish I had some boiled peanuts right now.

4 Likes

“We’ve been stuck in s time-warp.”

“Roy Moore was an embarrassment.”

“This is a wake up call for Democrats…It’s time for them to wake up and do better for black people and poor white people.”

Charles Barkley

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/williamcson/status/940792119752577026

https://twitter.com/nerdwich/status/940785593784655873

:slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

It was awkward when in his victory speech he thanked the African-American community and the Latino community. I was afraid that he might thank the White community next. :confounded:

6 Likes

I was positive Moore would win.

I only knew it was real when I read the President’s congratulatory, somewhat polite and relatively coherent tweet which I can only assume was written by a committee of semi-educated assholes after the phone was wrestled from the vulgarian President’s stubby little fingers.

9 Likes

Me too! As @Wanderfound, he was problematic, but it’s heading in the right direction, at least.

5 Likes