Alex Jones will pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis

Originally published at: Alex Jones will pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis | Boing Boing

21 Likes

I believe there are more than a dozen other families involved in similar suits against him. I know that Alex Jones and his company are reportedly worth over $270 Million but if even a few more cases go this way they might just succeed in bankrupting his sorry ass for good. Can’t happen soon enough.

56 Likes

35 Likes

2 families paid, 19 more to go. Those 19 are not in a state with “tort reform” limits.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

37 Likes

21 Likes

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

32 Likes

It’s a good start .

26 Likes
42 Likes

interested rubbing hands GIF

31 Likes

Sadly Texas being Texas, it likely will be limited to a multiple of the compensatory damages, so maybe $10 - $12 million at most… but that’s going to be fought for and appealed against too , and this is just one family with 19 to go, and not all states have such caps.

16 Likes

good-day-happy-dance

It’s a start. Next floor!

23 Likes

Hopefully this will also deter other media outlets from allowing the likes of Jones to spew their bile.

27 Likes

Can they put a lien on the money he makes from the inevitable martyr angle he’ll be playing?

16 Likes

Unfortunately, the damages will likely be capped pretty low.

8 Likes

Where do I get in line for damages for the whiplash I get shaking my head every time I hear this clown lie? I promise, I’ll give every penny to the Sandy Hook parents.

3 Likes

I just got back from a short getaway with my wife. Just found out about this. The day just keeps getting better.

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Spotify

10 Likes

True, but see the comment from @anon85524460

3 Likes

I hope the accountants he hired to hide his .o ey are as competent as the lawyers he hired to defend him in this case.

5 Likes
21 Likes
24 Likes