Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez arrested with other lawmakers at abortion rights rally

MTG’s on the record saying all sorts of stuff. For her to mean any of it, she has to have understood any of it, and it’s not clear that she does.

17 Likes

“Fairness” and “hypocrisy” are not in the GOP lexicon.

11 Likes

The thing that gets me a little extra mad is women cops arresting women over women’s rights protests. Not even police dogs have the ability to walk away from the bullshit.

16 Likes

A bit more impactful than reading a poem for reporters or doing yoga on social media. She’ll contest the charge and keep the protest rolling in court, I hope.

12 Likes

I think it’s important to show that this wasn’t AOC getting arrested, but rather 17 members of congress. AOC is often fantastic, but on some issues it’s more important to show a united front than a leading figure. In total 35 people were arrested so there are 18 folks who likely don’t have the protection of being a politician and public figure. A great thanks to every single one of them.

• Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.
  • Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y.
  • Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo.
  • Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass.
  • Rep. Madeleine Dean, D-Pa.
  • Rep. Nydia Velazquez, D-N.Y.
  • Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Calif.
  • Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif.
  • Rep. Katherine Clark, D-Mass.
  • Rep. Sara Jacobs, D-Calif.
  • Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich.
  • Rep. Andy Levin, D-Mich.
  • Rep. Alma Adams, D-N.C.
  • Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, D-N.J.
  • Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas.
  • Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.
  • Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill.
  • +18 others

edit for citation: list and numbers from this article: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar and 15 other House Democrats arrested at abortion-rights rally - Deseret News

23 Likes

Can someone write a horror movie in which a pregnant Uterus is implanted in a male anti-abortionist against their will?

The start will be body horror, The end will be the horror of how their former anti-abortion friends foil them from getting any help after going to those friends to get help.

6 Likes

followed by more body horror.

3 Likes

I think somebody already did something similar

16 Likes

The horror… the horror…

5 Likes

Hurrah for all of them, but (from me) especially for the awesome Cori Bush, representing St. Louis.

11 Likes

Indeed; Alien is a story about the interspecies oral rape and subsequent forced impregnation of a man.

11 Likes

Pretty sure AOC is against fascism so…not wrong?

3 Likes

I see what you mean, but she’s more than that, for one thing, and a bigger thing is that “anti-fascism” isn’t what Fox News viewers mean when they say Antifa. I doubt they try to parse out at all what Antifa actually means, beyond maybe “liberal terrorist.”

5 Likes

Of course this was done as political statement and fuel for talking points, but that is GOOD. Willingness to be arrested in defense of principles demonstrates a level of conviction and character we should have in our leaders. It’s a stark contrast to Pelosi asking us to give extra while doing the party does the bare minimum.

5 Likes

Thank you all for your service.

I really wish there was something that meant the opposite of /s for these situations

9 Likes

This is pretty close

Personally I think it qualifies as a horror movie because of Ivan Reitman’s conservative/libertarian take on the idea.

That wouldn’t qualify because in the film, Arnie’s character actively chose to carry a fetus in his own body.

Though the egg they fertilized and used was technically stolen…

7 Likes

“My body, my choice” is even a line in the movie when people are trying to stop him from going through with it. It’s a joke because it’s Arnie saying it…I mean, the entire movie is basically the single joke of him being pregnant…but it’s clearly not meant to be a principle that would be questioned otherwise.

8 Likes

Exactly; it was played for a joke, for mere shock value.

7 Likes