All Cops Are Buttheads

Aurora PD has had quite a 2023 already. You really can’t make this shit up.

The new chief (former Alex Jones show guest) unironically says of this guy who passed out drunk with a gun in a police car while on duty “To his credit, he’s owned it and turned his life around.” Easy enough when you face no penalties or jail time for DUI.

and…

8 Likes

Another update on the shooting… the GBI says that the gun which shot the trooper who is in the hospital was Teran’s gun…

Some more context over the protests in general:

Part of this is driven by concerns about gentrification, but also about making Atlanta have less green space.

5 Likes
2 Likes

No shit.

9 Likes

They delay the identification of serial killers by not bothering to fill out the federal survey about unsolved homicides. The completely unnecessary territorial passing contests highlight that cops are buttheads to other cops too.

2 Likes

Archive version: archive.ph

ETA: All the officers were jailed. Good.

9 Likes

Yep. I do wonder if they had all been white if they would be in jail right now, though.

9 Likes

I doubt it, and we’ve also seen cases upthread where women also experienced faster punishment with harsher penalties. The inequality is really blatant. Here’s another example:

Backstory on the cops and their reaction to reform:

10 Likes

Yeah… I think this shows us how critical an intersectional lens is on this stuff…

Asian American History GIF by PBS Digital Studios

8 Likes

My first thought as well. Odd, isn’t it, how the officers held responsible for their actions tend to be not-white, not-male. Just plain weird, it is.

10 Likes

It’s part of what made the conviction of Chauvin so extraordinary - that he was a white man. But of course, the evidence was just so damning, I don’t think there was any choice BUT to convict…

10 Likes

Doesn’t mean he won’t continue to complain about the unfairness of it all, though:

8 Likes

Oh yes… in his mind, he did nothing wrong, of course, and he’ll whinge into eternity… As long as he serves his time…

7 Likes
8 Likes

So it’s time to report the WWII vets at the VFW hall?

11 Likes

Seriously, my first thought was of the photo of my father in his WWII uniform.

7 Likes

from

And…

from

Elie Mystal is another national treasure…

14 Likes

I’ve also noticed that we’re not hearing as much “the kid was a crooks and anything about his “prior history.” I assume it’s because the cops are black, so the need to build a “the kid deserved it” narrative isn’t there.

10 Likes

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

9 Likes

original police description of Tyre Nichols’ murder:

As officers approached the driver of the vehicle, a confrontation occurred, and the suspect fled the scene on foot. Officers pursued the suspect and again attempted to take the suspect into custody. While attempting to take the suspect into custody, another confrontation occurred; however, the suspect was ultimately apprehended. Afterward, the suspect complained of having a shortness of breath, at which time an ambulance was called to the scene.

All news organizations need to stop disseminating this sort of copaganda

8 Likes