All Cops Are Buttheads

10 Likes

She’s doing the lords work, for sure.

5 Likes

Follow-up. :rage:

10 Likes

Awarding $1000 for violating his civil rights and $2685 for being assaulted? That is really insulting. WTF

and the cop’s attorney added this gem:

the jury reached the “correct decision given the current political climate.”

I don’t imagine that if someone assaulted a cop, that the “political climate” would mean there should be less than a slap on the wrist

12 Likes
11 Likes

Probably not only in Massachusetts, though. This stuff happens all over.

7 Likes

More on the cop city story down here in ATL… one of the protesters who was living in the forest there was shot and killed during a “clearing” operation… the troopers (it was state troopers, not county or city police) maintain that the person who was killed, known as Tortuguita (Little Turtle) was shooting at the police when he was killed. One trooper was injured and had to be brought in for surgery to save his life. The Bitter Southerner has a story about it:

Here is the local NPR station on the shooting…

And interviews with the reporters who’ve been covering the story…

10 Likes

Fuck.

Unfucking real.

8 Likes

Yeah absolutely. That poor kid.

8 Likes

Sounds like the cops assassinated the most dangerous protester - to their efforts.

Anyone wanna take bets on whether there was bodycam footage?

8 Likes

They’ve already said there isn’t…

8 Likes

It’s amazing how there never is, until the courts send in someone else to find it, or they want it to display at a restaurant while they sit around and masturbate to it.

6 Likes

They also delay the release of it, but charges are likely coming in this case:

7 Likes

He was shot by a state trooper (so it’s been said - at the very least the officer shot is a trooper - and I suppose the assumption they are implying is that this young man exchanged shots with him - it seems far more likely to be a case of friendly fire between officers) who do not have to wear body cams. So, given the heightened attention and ongoing controversy around this whole thing, it is highly likely that one does not exist.

This was a joint operation, between APD, GA State Troopers, the GBI, and Dekalb Co, and has been ongoing for months now, with a sustained back and forth between them trying to clear the woods, and people coming back.

It does look like APD might have footage of what happened, though…

7 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

I would’ve put my hands up over my face with my middle fingers rightly extended.

Fuck them.

5 Likes

One of the problems with the current state of our civil rights is that they can be violated by the government with little to no consequences for the bad actors. We’ve talked about how Qualified Immunity blunts the consequences for civil rights violations with severe outcomes. What strikes me is that our society and our courts takes egregious civil rights violations like this one as no big deal.

We need to figure out how to create negative consequences for these kinds of events that makes the purpetrators think again about just blatantly violating the Constitution.

9 Likes