All female Ghostbusters cast

Well, that’s the thing about Tuco. He’s not so much a badass as he is a smartass. Danny Trejo is great in everything I’ve seen him in, but I actually think Cheech Marin would make a better Tuco than Trejo, though Cheech isn’t quite right either.

That’d be cool. I’d totally watch that, though I think Chow Yun Fat would completely alter the tenor of the movie. After all, Tuco’s character is “The Ugly.”

Now that’s brilliant. I wonder if there might be a way to make it remotely plausible: Halle Berry playing an escaped slave turned corrupt bounty hunter and double-crosser who could conceivably earn the nickname “Ugly.” There’s a writing challenge I would relish!

2 Likes

I just figured that all parts like this should be offered to him first. I mean, if you cast a part he really wanted, are you gonna tell him no? :scream:

There may be better-looking actors for that, just he was the first that came to mind.

Ugly on the inside. Gross, foul and rotten to the core. A pretty face just can’t hide that sort of ugly.
I can smell a Razzie win here. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll watch it. I liked how it was originally inspired by old serial movies and if they can keep making fun stuff I’ll keep watching.

1 Like

It’s been ages since I’ve seen either, as well. I imagine one could easily turn my critique of Carpenter’s onto Nyby’s. After all, most of the performers in that one do little but exude a square 50’s professionalism, but that one relies much more on people working together as a unit, so personality is less important.

That’s… not necessarily a good thing.

8 Likes

Maybe they should bring back the gorilla.

4 Likes

Look at how well this worked for The Wild Wild West and Red Dawn. WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

3 Likes

I was going to say this is a no thank you, however, I see from IMDB that Ivan Reitman is involved in this reboot.

and that Dan Akroyd will be on the writing staff.

So I’m going to say, Hell Yeah!! and my daughter and her Stay Puft Marshmallow Man will be going with me.

3 Likes

Also; Death Race 2000/Death Race.

I don’t know why I thought the remake might turn out to be better than reviews suggested. I was (very) wrong.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that the Red Dawn remake prominently features a gorilla? I might just have to see that.

1 Like

Rather harsh description of ChrisLiam Hemsworth?

Wait - there are two of them? Heh. Learn something every day. Explains why the guy in the Hunger Games didn’t look like I expected, anyway.

1 Like

I think Leslie Jones is at her best when she has one of her things at the news desk. I love her pet names for Colin Jost…

1 Like

Alvin and the Chimpmunks was not well served by the reboots, and I wasn’t sure it was possible to go down.

Flintstones with John Goodman

Sherman and Mr. Peabody was a travesty and I only needed to see the trailers to know that.

How about a Mork and Mindy reboot? OR…

2 Likes

Wait? wait? The Shining was supposed to be about alcoholism? I though it was merely a vessel for Kubrick’s uncompromising vision.

1 Like

Does this ever work? Indiana Jones and both Stallones (Rocky/Rambo) come to mind.

1 Like

If I had any burning desire to see what the ravages of time had done to things I loved in the 80s then I’d just dig up my childhood pets.

7 Likes

The Color of Money?

2 Likes

Alf? (extra characters required.)

My mum found my almost 200 Transformers UK comics in the attic the other day (I knew I hadn’t thrown those out). Maybe a re-read is in order?

I agree. There is probably a painful early time when the memories of the “original” (the movie is hardly ever the first incarnation of characters like this…) are tarnished by some whippersnapper, but as more and more actors take up the mantle, I think it dilutes the pain, and the character rises above a specific portrayal, and then it becomes fun to see who will fill the shoes next.

3 Likes