America, please don't explore planets when you haven't even had a sausage roll

This. I love steak and kidney (although kidney is a pain in the arse to prepare).

Oh my gawdā€¦ Itā€™s Amyl Nitrate!

1 Like

Whenever anyone mentions the song Rule Britannia, I always think of that scene from Jubilee.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a sausage role. Send me to mars!

Side note: Aussie meat pies are pretty great as well. Love getting those when I go to Toronto.

No deep fried Mars Bar?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take a bit of that sympathy as well if you donā€™t mind.

1 Like

I can console myself with Swedish pancakes wrapped around breakfast sausage

2 Likes

Remember, this is the melting pot. If someone has grown up in the U.S. and never eaten a sausage roll, itā€™s not because theyā€™re not available. They just didnā€™t know to try one. Which, itā€™s true, might be at least partly due to living in a non-metropolitan (e.g. melting pot) area.

1 Like

There are many! The best (and most historical, best tasting) is Primanti Bros.:smile:

My local Portland favorite is the Brutus Smash at Muu Muuā€™s:

1 Like

Oh, my. Pair that bad boy with an extra large, extra cold cup of horchataā€¦oh yes indeedy.

1 Like

Battered curly wurlys were good as well.

An Australian place called Tuck Shop opened up down the street from my wifeā€™s (then girlfriendā€™s) momā€™s house. The sausage rolls were a fucking revelation. No, we did not have them, and yes, that was wrong.

1 Like

We used to have three shops along the hundred metres between the two buildings of our English school. One sold mini pork buns, one had Taiwanese scallion pancakes and one had jian bing pancakes. They were all cheap, quick and delicious, but probably pretty unhealthy. On the other hand, you knew that it didnā€™t matter how many you ate, because that probably wasnā€™t what would kill you in the end.

3 Likes

Gotdamnā€¦ now Iā€™m craving English pancakes with lemon and sugarā€¦

5 Likes

You just made my mouth water. Mmmmmmm, pancakes with lemon and sugarrrrrrrrrā€¦

2 Likes

Sure, no problem!

I liked your post, but at the same timeā€¦ ew. Thereā€™s something not quite right about the notion of breakfast sausages.

1 Like

A good, serious answer to a flippant, tongue-in-cheek post!

2 Likes

That looks amazing. The blasphemous thought that it looks even better than a sausage roll crossed my mind. Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 466 days. New replies are no longer allowed.