American Airlines pilot says he'll dump pro-Trumpers in Kansas if they don't behave

Washington to Phoenix.

They seem to be flying over something.

It’s our country.

So I guess we can actually call this fly-over country? Literally?

EDIT: Sorry, that was rude. My impulse response regarding geographic locality has a much lower bar nowadays.

1 Like

How about don’t threaten Detroiters with Trumpists! :wink:

10 Likes

You weren’t there for the time the Stanford Band decided to do a little physics experiment to see what would happen if the entire band all shifted their weight to one side of the plane at once.

Actually, probably nobody was there, as the story is likely apocryphal. But if it happened, I’ll bet that pilot was pissed!

1 Like

Yes gravy seals and revolution cosplayers broke stuff and took selfies. But it looks pretty clear there was a group of fairly well organized insurgents in that crowd, ex (or current) LEO and military who had bear spray, tactical gear, zippy tie handcuffs, 2 way radios with earpieces and were careful to keep their faces well covered the whole time who very much had plans. They were showing LEO badges to the capital hill police asking them to join in. Explosives and firearms were found in vehicles around the capitol. Who knows what other weapons were around that weren’t found that day?

Whether their plans were taking members of congress hostage, or executing them live on the internet remain to be seen. But the fact that MOST of the criminals who assaulted the Capitol were cosplaying cannonfodder doesn’t mean that we didn’t have a near miss of a truly horrific terror attack or that there aren’t plans on-going for more of the same.

22 Likes

13 Likes

And Kansas, and most any mid-western state, would be proud to have them if for nothing else than to increase the population.

1 Like

And that is sky law.

10 Likes

I can only imagine what a busload of excited revellers returning from the Nuremberg Rally would have sounded like. Zeig Heil!

2 Likes

As a Canadian, I’m fluent in “please”. That was a “Grumpy Parent Please”, used to indicate “this is your last polite warning. If you don’t change what you’re doing right now you, aren’t going to like what happens next.”

10 Likes

IIRC, during the colour portions of that movie, they weren’t in Kansas anymore.

Now look at her radiant smile. When she’s not in Kansas anymore…

… you get my point.

6 Likes

Every single part of the Turmp “movement”, from day one, has been completely and accurately described by the image of the dog that finally catches the mail truck.

The people who shat on the US Capitol deserve their jail time, there’s no worthwhile argument against that. But it’s equally obvious they themselves didn’t think it would happen. Turmpists take it for granted that someone else will prevent their actions having catastrophic consequences. In fact, that’s exactly what they mean when they accuse “the left” of taking away their freedom. In some perverse sense, they have more faith in society than society does; they’re the only people who still don’t believe that their acting-out is a threat to civilisation.

In part, the reason Lennies got into the Capitol and tried to pet the constitution to death is that the Turmp regime cynically set it up to happen. But then, Turmp being president in the first place is just another instance of the same thing. The roots of the situation are in the billion little interactions, over decades, where some idiot expressed some horrible view to get a rise, and some smarter person pretended it was a valid disagreement, instead of saying “knock it off and act like a human adult”.

I’m as guilty as anyone there. Even one on one, I still ignore more of this toxic stuff than I confront, and I surely wouldn’t stand up and lecture a plane full of chanting terrorists. But I try to look for whatever feeble acts of dissent I can manage.

12 Likes

Well, of course you don’t need them… as citizens.

But as plant food?

3 Likes

The Army sent me to Kansas (Fort Riley) in the early 70s from my home in San Francisco for one year and a day. Believe me. You do not want to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere

1 Like

Being the son of a Stanford grad and being born there in 1954 makes me somewhat of an expert on Stanford. And the band. I had not heard of the plane story before. Quite a stunt.

Never in my life have I ever flown to a demonstration, or stayed at a hotel afterwards.

2 Likes

Shiiiiiiiiit, he was kind offering to land the plane instead of dropping them from 36,000 feet.

1 Like

The winter wheat turned out awfully good this year. I think we’ve hit on a winning formula…

4 Likes

As one who is a born-and-raised Detroiter (and still lives there!) I say, with all due respect,

fuck that.

We neither want them nor deserve them.

(NSFW)

5 Likes

Well played.

11 Likes