Ammon Bundy Arrested

I agree with you that the whole situation isn’t worth loss of life. Sorry these ass-hats chose to set up an illegal militia camp in your backyard. I do think you’re probably stretching to think anyone on this forum actually has direct contact with any of them. (It’s possible, but seems highly unlikely.)

Perhaps more sad than anything is I still don’t know what they actually wanted.

2 Likes

Well, duh. We already know about Ashtar Command involvement. You’ve been paying attention?

1 Like

Captions and people kept talking about Ryan Bundy’s mouth-of-chew, but doesn’t it more look like nerver damage on the left side of his face?

Booking photographs of Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Brian Cavalier, Shawna Cox, Ryan Waylen Payne, Joseph Donald O’Shaughnessy and Peter Santilli (source)

I haven’t been able to find any reference for this.

Okay, he was hit by a car (it drove over his head, roughly) when he was 7. Jeebus.

You forgot: driving 30 miles to the Safeway to pick up snacks, and then driving back again without being arrested for any of the myriad crimes committed.

2 Likes

From your link:

That represents an enormous loss of income for the Finicums. According to a 2010 tax filing, Catholic Charities paid the family $115,343 to foster children in 2009. That year, foster parents were compensated between $22.31 and $37.49 per child, per day, meaning if the Finicums were paid at the maximum rate, they cared for, on average, eight children per day in 2009.
“That was my main source of income,” Finicum said.

Keep in mind that a well-known problem in foster circles is that a significant number of the people who foster large numbers (“more than 50” in this case, and as this article points out, an average of 8 at a time, on a ranch…these boys were not playing X-Box after school) do so for the money, for the labor, and are disproportionately more likely to be abusive.

Do not think the fact that they were foster parents automatically means they had a “good side”.

13 Likes

According to foster kids I grew up with, foster care can be another way people cheat the system. Those who foster special needs kids, though, I’m a lot less suspicious of.

3 Likes

Poor guy. Brainwashed, and permanently maimed. At least there’s an ethical fix for one of those conditions though.

This topic was automatically closed after 388 days. New replies are no longer allowed.