Ammon Bundy Arrested

Maybe one just passed overhead and his feverish imagination took it from there. Or maybe none did, and it’s all a drummed-up effort to get more “patriots” to show up with guns. I’m not inclined to see much of any credibility at this point in this “transmission.”

5 Likes

I’ll take delusional. The less people shot the better. Im a pacifist at heart. Fuck the bundys, but I just can’t not despair at killing someone.

9 Likes

He was clearly way off his rocker, just makes it sadder to me that his ignorance and confusion dragged him all the way down. Don’t like seeing anyone dying, even if I loathe every principle they stand for.

5 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t defending him. Sorry if it sounded that way. I’m more interested in the mindset of someone hunkered down with a bunch of arms that thinks that’s what’s happening.

To play devils advocate though, if there was a raid, aerial surveillance would be prudent and unsurprising.

1 Like

7 Likes

I don’t like seeing anyone die either, though I do mourn the loss a bit less if this was suicide by cop, with the dead person being someone who did that in order to further this fucked-up cause (a cause he is on record as saying he was ready to die for).

2 Likes

Sure, but do we have any evidence other than this one guy transmitting in the dark that a raid is imminent?

Since Michelle Fiore’s saying it wasn’t suicide by cop, I have to assume he drew his gun on the cops since she’s literally incapable of speaking the truth. I won’t be attending the funeral, that’s for sure.

https://twitter.com/VoteFiore/status/692189070554955776

Of course not. We’re dealing with loose hypotheticals here. It’s not news, just something that might add context later.

Yeah. And aside from that, it’s hard to imagine that those who conducted the arrest would just hand them the martyr they’d likely love to have.

4 Likes

Consider this both a like and a powerless angry shake of the fist at an irritating limit.

4 Likes

Do special forces have tranquilizer darts that can be delivered from sniper-range distances? I guess physics probably rules out nonlethal projectiles beyond a certain range but this is one of those times I really wish it was a thing.

That crazy coot just martyred himself big time. And martyrs are more dangerous than isolated loons. The Oklahoma City bombing was largely inspired by Waco and Ruby Ridge, after all.

6 Likes

If federal law enforcement manages to de-escalate the situation, and take everyone into custody, this incident will wind up in textbooks.

2 Likes

It does seem like now that someone’s been killed, the whole thing needs to be shut down. Which, of course, could be tough to do without producing more “martyrs.”

Holy shit, her Tweets would be hilarious if they weren’t so fucking scary. :scream:

3 Likes

Yeah, it could get really ugly at this point. On the plus side they’ve got their leaders, and maybe the Feds. can convince one of them to turn, and there’s a good chance they have an agent or two undercover in the compound by now. But there’s a gaggle of unhinged, dumb, angry, confused people who think the government is a demonic enemy fondling their guns and listening to toxic rhetoric about the nobility of being a martyr.

5 Likes

That “Quick Draw McGraw” profile pic is something else as well.

1 Like

And just think, she making a run for an AZ House seat in 2016. It’s like she’s hoping to make Bachmann look like a clear-minded moderate. Nothing like people who want to destroy the government running it.

6 Likes

This is getting really sad for me. This is my state, the people there don’t want these canoes. Noone needs to get murdered.

Please, anyone who may know someone who is involved, encourage them to go back to their families.

All jokes aside,lives aren’t worth this.

6 Likes

It’s sad someone died and obviously not all the facts are in. Yet, I have a hard time feeling a lot of sympathy right now because surely it was preventable by, I dunno, not being involved in an armed occupation of a federal facility. Just sayin’.

1 Like