Angry guy traps dirt bikers

Once he tried to run them over in his pick up truck and got out? That old man is lucky to be alive. I don’t care if he “was in the right” he needs to learn to respect how fragile human life is. I’m still just shocked two young “adrenaline junkie” jock types didn’t give him a lesson.

i like to refer an indident like this as an “asshole parade” but “festival of douchebags” is also lovely.

6 Likes

Yeah, I watched the video. I also noticed the heavy edits, how all conversation has been cut out, and how the police left the property without charging the old man and ticketing the teens. They’re all a regular basket of deplorables.

5 Likes

again I point out that they are trespassing on his property. I get the outrage over his actions and they are deplorable, but if those two morons had done as you suggest…they’d have faced far more than just a fine.

4 Likes

Dude… joke.
It was a parody of the suggestion he had built a trap.

5 Likes

Lay-z-boyeurism

16 Likes

He does try to talk to them rationally, they then ride off laughing.

If they’d turned off their dirt bikes two minutes into this video, apologized and said they wouldn’t do it again I’m sure they would have been $500 better off at the end of the day.

25 Likes

Someone should put some rip-rap near the sarchasm. Such a slippery slope! :wink:

10 Likes

With you on this. It’s remarkable how irrational people can be… when you’ve just dismissed them on their own property after vandalizing it. Whodathunkit?

11 Likes

Seems to me he told them to turn off the bikes during their initial encounter. Why? Because they were damaging his property. They then proceeded to further damage his property. That’s when it becomes willful destruction at which point the man had every right (in many states) to end their lives in defense of his property but chose not to.

You must have also missed the portion of the video where he succeeded in pulling the helmets off​ the bikers and it was Eric and Donald T., Jr.

16 Likes

Property is theft. In all seriousness if there weren’t clearly posted no trespassing signs (maybe there were?) I hate the notion that you should defacto assume the space is closed to you especially in more rural areas.

1 Like

They acknowledge there is only one way in or out, they’re aware they’re in a controlled area.

If you come across a property that has drainage, that has work being done on it you should assume it has ownership that is not you and need to accept the consequences of your actions.

8 Likes

They are literally inside a fence, and in the video when they are squeezing by the guy’s truck it was because it was the gate to leave the property they drove around in.

5 Likes

A fence and a gate are de facto no trespassing signs.

8 Likes

That’s a citizen’s arrest, which believe it or not is a real thing. Not that you should ever really do it.

4 Likes

I’m not going to watch the whole mess to be sure, but it looked like it was being laid out for roads and houses.

2 Likes

These two sentiments seem to be at odds with each other.

13 Likes

You must mean the part where they damaged the landowner’s truck and laughed about it.

3 Likes

I get where you are coming from, but my experience as a backpacker has been that a lot of off road vehicle users aren’t really intetested in respecting either privately or publicly owned land.

15 Likes