Anti-government activist Ammon Bundy arrested for refusing to wear mask in court

jw6kF41

3 Likes

Agree :grimacing:. I don’t think it was the point. I agree that it was the latest in a very long pattern of white domestic terrorism being treated with wrist slaps and tacit encouragement.

4 Likes

The DOJ did prosecute the Bundys under the Obama administration:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/verdict-near-in-malheur-wildlife-refuge-standoff-trial/

Jury let ‘em off. :confused:

4 Likes

That was a clown show and the charge involved conspiracy, a profoundly difficult charge to prove. The DOJ phoned it in and fucked up the jury pool. I guess I should have said it was a failure to prosecute this in any effective and meaningful way.

6 Likes

To be fair, that wasn’t Obama that personally messed up that prosecution, it was the local Assistant US Attorney.

People also forget that seven of the occupiers/terrorists did see prison time. It’s a damn shame one of them wasn’t Bundy, but you can’t win them all.

9 Likes

No, of course not. The President doesn’t get down to that level (trump notwithstanding), but sets priorities and policies that lead to more rigorous enforcement and prosecution. That’s what was missing here and what I hope Biden realizes is a mistake that can’t be made again. I hope he grinds these white supremacists and anti-government terrorists to absolute dust. They’ll always be an issue, but at least they’d know there were actual consequences.

ETA: it’s the classic Democratic attitude. They’re overly concerned with what they can do while the GOP simply does whatever the fuck they want and doesn’t bother with an apology after.

3 Likes

‘Swift Justice’ would dictate that time-consuming surgery, etc. be dispensed with & a Staple Gun be employed to securely affix said mask.
This method could also be used to persuade other non-mask-wearers to comply.

Or some poetic justice and get Allen Pan up there to deploy his 2nd Amendment Solution:

Bundy couldn’t possibly object to that, now, could he? ///////hedefinitelywouldobjectchristwhatanasshole

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.