Maskless Karen cries "police brutality" when arrested at bank. Customers say "nope"

Originally published at: Maskless Karen cries "police brutality" when arrested at bank. Customers say "nope" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

According to recent polls I’ve seen, somewhere between 25-30% of Americans, most of them self-identified conservatives (i.e. the usual Know-Nothing 27%) will be refusing the vaccine. I’m sure that this charmer will be amongst those preventing the country from reaching herd immunity.

34 Likes

44 Likes

43 Likes

AND she left her dog in her car. I guess being a PoS is a cross-disciplinary skill.

23 Likes

“Just comply, what’s the problem?”
– This fine lady, probably, whenever actual police brutality against Black people happens.

36 Likes

That’s one of the most irritating things about the pandemic to me. These idiots refuse to do anything to mitigate COVID, and they won’t even get the vaccine. Just complete, utter denial, or belief in baseless conspiracy theories… so frustrating that there are so many stupid people.

23 Likes

Nine out of ten times, the answer to “What are you going to do, arrest me?” is “Yes.” People that have not had any experience with the criminal justice system in this country just do not realize, that to the police, arresting people is a perfectly normal daily occurrence. To you, getting arrested may have such an impact that you talk about it for years, but to the officer, it is Tuesday. Trying to escalate stuff to get them to back down rarely works because listening to your arguments is the judge’s job, not the beat cops. And arresting you is the first step in making you somebody else’s problem. A common saying is “You may beat the case, but you can’t beat the ride.”

edited to add: The above is why “Being a big enough asshole that people just let you get your way so that you leave and they don’t have to deal with your shit anymore,” becomes a counter-productive strategy when the popo show up. Not realizing that because you haven’t had to deal with the criminal justice system in an adversarial way IS a canonical example of “White privilege.”

44 Likes

To be clear, Maskless Karen was NOT arrested for not wearing a mask. She was arrested for criminal trespass. The bank asked her to wear a mask, which they can do, and when she refused they requested law enforcement to remove he from the bank. When she balked at that she was arrested.

47 Likes

My reaction to her arrest: GOOD

Now arrest all the morons doing the same damn thing all over this country. There is nothing redeemable about any of them.

7 Likes

And they call other people “sheep”. I think believing in baseless claims about the dangers of masks or vaccines or whatever is Exhibit A for a person being a sheep.

13 Likes

And then, when conservatives start dying in larger numbers, we’ll start hearing about a librul plot to kill off conservatives using COVID.

14 Likes

OK, I listened to the whole thing. If you ever wondered what kind of person leaves a dog in their car while they shop, it’s this person right there.

14 Likes

And yes, a bank probably IS a “public accommodation,” but “asshole that refuses to wear a mask” is NOT a “protected class.”

7 Likes

It certainly puts the stupid stuff that people believed in the past in some perspective.

6 Likes

It just means they’re not behaving like sheep in the particular way that the would-be shepherd would prefer. (As I once read in a comment here, some years ago, from someone much wiser than I)

7 Likes

Nominative determinism?

12 Likes

Shh! :wink:

11 Likes

My chief frustration with the pandemic is that the virus doesn’t reliably retaliate on those who defy common sense. Karma is a wonderful concept but we see too little IRL.

11 Likes

Especially since this person could have gone to a drive-up window (the bank surely has at least one in its system) while not wearing a mask, conducted her business, and kept her dog safe and comfortable the whole time.

14 Likes