Anti-masker destroys supermarket with a hatchet

It’s pretty much the opposite. If this were in the US and in a Stand-Your-Ground state someone may very well have shot the hatchet-wielding jerk.

The outcome in this actual incident was some scared people and a very damaged store counter.

The outcome in the gun-toting alternate reality would be:

1. A dead human being
  2. A murder investigation and possibly trial (even if it does result in acquittal)
  3. A person who (if they are at all normal) would be tormented by their decision to kill someone for the rest of their life
  4. Scared people and a slightly less damage counter

The utterly foreseeable outcome of someone with a gun is to turn a fright into a tragedy. It’s not an action movie. People getting shot is awful.

16 Likes

Nah, he’s white

2 Likes

This is a joke, right? Everybody backed away from him, he was clearly after property damage. How would taking someone’s life over damage to a fucking supermarket till ever, ever, be OK?

8 Likes

TIL Ukrainian currency is called ‘hryvnia’.

1 Like

Parkour!

2 Likes

Plastic is pretty bouncy. I’m surprised he didn’t have that hatchet rebound into his face

3 Likes

Hatchets don’t destroy supermarkets, idiots with hatchets destroy supermarkets. (A message from Big Hatchet.)

14 Likes

The song syncs up well with the Kung Fu Hustle hatchet dance scene above.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon50609448. That’s the straight-laced version of what I was going for. I don’t do levity well but you nailed it.

4 Likes

Also, a civilian firing a gun may well hit innocent bystanders.

3 Likes

Unlike a soldier firing a gun, who might…also hit innocent bystanders?

1 Like

A few comments in the Reddit thread said he had his kid filming this. Add parenting to anger management on his “needs work” list.

2 Likes

“All men are guilty. They’re born innocent, but it doesn’t last.”

3 Likes

Someone untrained in firing a gun is mildly more likely to shoot others/himself than someone with decent training. Many police, of course, don’t get decent training, and some civilians get decent training. Ideal training is of course how to uphold the law while hurting or threatening no one.

The numbers don’t bear that comparison out - but that doesn’t factor in the numbers of rounds fired. You might be correct if it is adjusted on a per-round-fired basis.

If the supermarket was equipped with their own hatchets, things would have turned out differently!

1 Like

My grocery store sells knives. Not good knives, mind you, but they’ll see you through at least one stabbing. The plastic packaging may present a problem, though.

1 Like

And would have been hailed as a fallen patriot by some.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.