Anti-theft toilet paper dispenser with facial recognition technology

Alas, rectal recognition technology (RRT) is still in it’s early stages. In fact, much of today’s technology is the direct result of just one man, Sidney “Iris, I thought you said anus!” Tettlebaum.

8 Likes

Who doesn’t know how to use the 3 seashells???

7 Likes

I used to do that at work – one over and one under – and then “monitor” the results. Seemed independent of which roll was over/under (varied to make sure that it wasn’t a distance thing). Same results as pictured.
I suppose that I should repeat the experiments now that we are going with non-gendered bathrooms…

1 Like

I land in the 3rd camp. I don’t give a fuck, i really don’t. I don’t waste any mental resource observing if it’s over or under… as long as i have TP to begin with i’m ahead.

5 Likes

From the comments here, I assume that there will be great interest in my new Kickstarter featuring lightweight aircraft grade titanium seashells that feature a coating of silver nano-particles for anti-microbial action.

2 Likes

I would most likely buy it. For lulz… But i would buy it.

1 Like

17 Likes

TIL Toilet paper theft is such a big deal in Beijing as to require biometrics. Whoa.

5 Likes

Many years ago: An engineer in our company was fired for stealing toilet paper, caught by a gate guard who had been warned ahead of time. Several rolls, flattened as much as possible, squeezed into his briefcase. How do you break THAT to the family.

5 Likes

I know how to use the seashells, I just don’t want to!

4 Likes

Reminds me of that one exec that got caught putting fake barcodes on expensive Lego sets so he could resell them. The guy made good money as it was so the illegal enterprise was pretty confounding

4 Likes

Haven’t been to an American homeless shelter, I see…

You know, I’ve dismantled toilet paper dispensers in public restrooms for far, far less.

5 Likes

‘You make yourself useful, Esme Weatherwax,’ said the voice from the bushes, ‘by obligin’ me and findin’ any dock or burdock plants that might happen to be around out there, thank you very much.’
‘Herbs? What’re you plannin’ with them?’
‘I’m plannin’ to say, “Thank goodness, big leaves, just what I need.”

10 Likes

“The sheets are too short."

You want a Revolution? Well that’s how you get a Revolution, comrade!

3 Likes

As if I wasn’t anxious enough already about using public restrooms. Now there’s a photographic record of my activity as well as an implicit commentary on my efficiency.

Ugh. I can’t handle it. I feel constipated already.

8 Likes

I guess bring your ipad with lots of head shots of various people.

4 Likes

Does it end up figuring into your social credit score?

8 Likes

back in 90-92 i worked at a ranch resort/conference center just outside of estes park, colorado. after i’d worked there for 8 months i was housekeeping supervisor. one of the more interesting moments as i learned how to do that was dealing with salesmen. one of the salesmen had a line of toilet paper that was “guaranteed to reduce lost profit due to excessive usage of paper goods.” i’m being a little hyperbolic (but not much) when i say that you could just about see chips of pulpwood in each sheet of the bathroom tissue. it reminded me of the paper they used in the dorm i stayed in during my first four years in college.

5 Likes

That or the technology is a piece of crap.

2 Likes