Anti-Trump Conservative PAC launches a brutal attack ad against Arizona Senator Martha McSally

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/29/anti-trump-conservative-pac-la.html

4 Likes

For those who (like me) raised their eyebrows at " lost her re-election campaign … but managed to retain her seat by appointment": (I looked it up so you don’t have to.)

She lost the election. Then the senator that had the seat that she wasn’t running for resigned, and she was appointed to that seat. She’s serving with the senator that she lost to.

40 Likes

McSally will be running against Mark Kelly, former astronaut and husband of former US Representative Gabby Giffords, in November.

All things considered, it sounds like Kelly has a great chance of defeating this nasty hack.

28 Likes

This feels like shit-kicker on shit-kicker crime.

5 Likes

Raising hand

I don’t think of Barry Goldwater as an “American Hero.”

11 Likes

I don’t expect much to change, and this group isn’t notably better in their policy beliefs than Trumpkins (they simply prefer more subtle dog whistling), but it is delicious watching the right devour itself.

6 Likes

Not brutal enough.

8 Likes

Maybe an American Hero in comparison to … shit, I already forgot her name.

5 Likes

The people who made this ad don’t care what you think and frankly I don’t know if they care what they think. What they care about is winning, and they think this ad is the way to do it. If I had more confidence that they weren’t a bunch of yahoos with hugely over-inflated opinions of themselves I’d be glad for it.

But we all know that the real Republican strategy is not vicious attacks or clever messaging, it’s making sure demographics that don’t support you can’t vote. If these form Republican strategists can find a way to disenfranchise some meaningful percentage of white people, then I’ll believe they’re bringing their A-game.

14 Likes

I did a spit-take when it referenced McCain “doing what was right, no matter the political cost.” But I suppose this is aimed a different audience than me, so godspeed to them.

9 Likes

McSally will be running against Mark Kelly, former astronaut and husband of former US Representative Gabby Giffords, in November.

Ah, so people with actual courage. Proceed!

8 Likes

It’s not for you, it’s for the conservatives that are anti-Trump.

1 Like

Yeah, she already lost one election, she can’t win against Mark Kelly. He’s an astronaut! IDK where these people get their definition of “patriot”, but all red-blooded patriotic Americans love astronauts, full stop. You don’t love astronauts? Go sit with the Russia colluders (is colluders a word? It is now).

6 Likes

It’s hard to paint someone as an America-hating pansy when his last ride had 37 Million horsepower and was emblazoned with giant American flags.

21 Likes

Yeah, but he’s not even the most successful astronaut of his siblings, so how great could he possibly be?

2 Likes

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I live six states away and would donate to any congresscritter campaign helmed by an astronaut

1 Like

And all astronauts fall into the “overeducated brainiac” subgroup that Trump4Lifers deride all the time

2 Likes

But he’s also a veteran who essentially used to drive an ICBM to work.

11 Likes

Good point: BOOM GOES THE ROCKET BOOSTER!

2 Likes