Arizona GOP: “We'll stop gun-grabber Mark Kelly dead in his tracks” (He's married to Gabrielle Giffords, gun massacre survivor)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/06/arizona-gop-well-stop-gu.html

11 Likes

Gabrielle Giffords, a former congresswoman who lives with traumatic brain injuries after surviving an assassination attempt in which the gunman killed six people.

“Support the Republican Party of Arizona today and, together, we’ll stop gun-grabber Mark Kelly dead in his tracks,” Ward said.

Only a GOP shithead could miss the irony.

54 Likes

Or choose the words intentionally. :roll_eyes:

71 Likes

GOP: “Clearly this ‘Mark Kelly’ fellow must be some pushover we can paint as some kind of flag-burning, America-hating degenerate…”

“…awww crap he’s a veteran space hero.”

71 Likes

he should campaign in a nascar trucker hat just to confuse the heck out of the right wing.

24 Likes

“My last ride had 37 million horsepower.”

53 Likes

I had this sense before the last election in Steve King’s district. Why would they chose the ugly white supremacist over the handsome former pro baseball player. Once of those sounds much more american to me. JD Scholten needs WAY more publicity. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/us/politics/steve-king-jd-scholten-iowa.html

9 Likes

Seeing how the Arizona Republican Party usually behaves, I’m leaning toward your interpretation.

32 Likes

Oh, I doubt Kelli Ward missed her own ambiguity at all.

23 Likes

Not only do the GOP in America not care about human life, they don’t care about anyone who stands up for it.

Unless it’s life that doesn’t exist yet apparently, but once you’re born it’s your right to be shot I guess.

I can’t even fathom how natural selection created bile people like this.

22 Likes

If Mark Kelly weren’t against easy access to guns after his wife’s experience, he’d be dumber than an Arizona Republican.

Can you imagine the opposite scenario?

“Easy access to guns almost killed the love of my life, but I’m going to side with the gun nuts.”

22 Likes

Neil DeGrasse Tyson stands up:

“now we have a man who understands statistics right here! In fact, it’s more likely one or two of you will die in a car accident on the way home from this rally.”

11 Likes

I think it was more an issue of misogyny, “manifest destiny”, and toxic masculinity that killed off the contenders, leaving more trash.

14 Likes

Stay Classy GO₽!

anchorman%20stay%20classy

16 Likes

Yeah, this is not a gaffe or a Freudian slip; the specific point was to provoke the outrage we’re here supplying on cue. They think it’s pro wrestling, where getting the other team to boo you means you’re a clever winner.

That doesn’t mean you should pretend not to find their disgusting words and actions disgusting; then they would win. Maybe what it means is you should focus on where this horrific clown show is getting its oxygen from: Republican voters are responsible for this. Maybe, while it’s fresh in your mind, ask your Republican uncle / accountant etc. to explain why they support this, and whether they really think it’s just a fun silly game or what.

39 Likes

I regret I have but one like to give…

14 Likes

Rolling coal liquid oxygen/nitrogen

14 Likes

Who’s “outraged?”

I, for one, am just bone-fucking-weary of all this self-inflicted lunacy.

38 Likes

In today’s GOP, it’s perfectly normal and fine to paint a target on the back of the opposition for the more…erm…rambunctious of your supporters.

15 Likes

Terrorists.

20 Likes