Anyone watching the US Presidential debate tonight?

Donald Trump says Miss Universe Alicia Machado “gained a massive amount of weight” | Mic

22 Likes

“Super-ego-fragile-istic Extra-bragadocious maybe, but never just bragadocious…”

12 Likes

Donald trump has no super-ego. That’d imply he thinks he can do better than he currently is. But he pretty clearly thinks of himself as at the peak of perfection in every way.

7 Likes

7 Likes

He doesn’t realize The Cyber is forever.

6 Likes

Turns out you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s not really worth it.

4 Likes

Well, honestly, I feel the same about her as I have for a while now. The debate didn’t change my mind about her. After working as a lawyer and a few years as a law professor, then 12 years as First Lady of Arkansas, then eight years as FLOTUS, then her Senate stint, then her time as Secretary of State, I’d have to opine that she’s the most thoroughly-qualified Presidential candidate in my lifetime, if not ever. I have never approved of the Clintonian habit of triangulation and expediency, nor am I a fan of the close ties the Clintons have had to Wall Street. In terms of philosophy and ideals, I’m a Sanders man. But Clinton would make a better President than any major candidate I can think of except for maybe Dennis Kucinich and the late Paul Simon, and they probably would have fallen flat on their faces at some point or other. If nothing else, 25 years of mindless Republican hate has made her tough as nails, and I suspect (and devoutly hope) that she won’t be too inclined to give away the farm in service of some misguided stab at bipartisanship. I don’t mean she should be punitive toward the conservatives, but just that every good-faith olive branch offered had better be met with good faith in return, or the olive branches stop getting offered.

I thought she did fine in the debate. The format doesn’t necessarily suit her strengths, but it doesn’t really matter since her strengths are so goddamned strong, and her most obvious weaknesses (other than the “can we trust her?” intangible) don’t really apply to a debate. And it was no surprise that Trump would shit the bed. All she had to do was look calm and confident and competent, and god knows she’s long since mastered that.

20 Likes

Did I miss a celebrity death?

1 Like

Seriously, at this point we need them both outfitted with shock collars. Hillary will be fine because she’s a functional adult who is smarter than a parakeet. Trump might even get some conditioning and learn a thing or two.

2 Likes

The late senator.

8 Likes

You know Russia would so hack that…with approval from Trump. So, no…

2 Likes

Heh, reminds me of Ganguro:

No idea if it’s still popular at all in Japan, but it’s certainly eye-catching in it’s own way.

Like, how a fishing hook can be nose-catching at times.

6 Likes

The meme in the Trump camp is how mean Holt was to him, and let Hillary get off scott free, and how he won by a large margin anyway. The reality free zone expands…

9 Likes

Just like polishing a turd?

3 Likes

Awesomely said. I’ve tried to say the same but not as well. If I had the money I’d put that in full page ads in every swing state.

7 Likes

Never heard of him…

Fan of the V-chip?

They are going to have to buckle their seatbelts and get out the tissues, it’s going to get bumpy and filled with tears. Cooper undoubtedly watched everything last night and isn’t going to be as patient as Holt.

Coop likes to show he’s a newsman, that implies taking no shit and asking again until he gets the truth.

8 Likes

That’ll be great, but he better beef up his security detail. Them people be crazy. What I saw last night was both Holt and Hillary repeatedly letting Trump ramble incoherently spewing word salad stream of consciousness till he realized he was all alone out there on the ledge. His supporters should be wishing Holt reined him in more.

4 Likes

Has anybody on the Right brought up her not wearing a flag pin???

5 Likes

He had a stalker about ten years ago, he’s got some guys now.