AP: Trump aware of Russian price on U.S. troops' heads since 2019

It becomes murder for hire when a supposedly neutral third party is paying the bills. The Taliban is willing and able to kill U.S. troops without the encouragement and financial support of the American C-in-C’s idol and indirect paymaster, Uncle Vlad.

7 Likes

Yeah I can’t see us taking the high road here. Dressed in armour, weapons and the machines of war to fight nationals in their own country.

I disagree. KIA.

1 Like

I can see the trial already. Like defining what “sex” meant for Clinton, they’ll be trying to define what “aware” means for Trump.

I felt you were on the right track, but your scope was too narrow.

He’s a man of the people who speaks his mind? lol.

Be aware that you are talking about a group who traditionally believes in the sanctity of the lives of unborn children, and then cares nothing about that life once the child is pushed from the womb. They are olympic level rationalizers. They will find a way to spin it in their minds so that – while not ideal – this is okay because they are still winning. I won’t be surprised if it somehow involves a sports metaphor.

17 Likes

They can’t unfortunately. Even if they did it goes no where. The Senate is ultimately the gatekeeper for all of this.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m not claiming any high road for the U.S. I’m pointing out that, by their own terms, the GOP are repulsive hypocrites. Nothing new, that, but it’s worth noting that they continue to plumb new depths of betraying the troops while claiming to be their foremost champions.

15 Likes

They can create a stink in the press/media/the house floor or wherever they have a mouthpiece. Nancy does control congress last time I checked. It would not be hard to pull veterans in front of cameras today. Now.

It’s not like they are doing anything else right now anyway.

eta:

Pelosi should invite this mother to speak in front of Congress today:

19 Likes

“I can’t BELIEVE the draft-dodger who likened STDs to ‘his Vietnam,’ mocked POWs, attacked a Gold Star family, claimed to know more about military strategy than America’s Generals, repeatedly used active duty service members as political props and tried to deploy military forces against American citizens doesn’t actually care about our troops.”

32 Likes

I think we need a senator to read the names and hometowns of each of the soldiers who were killed due to the bounty on the floor of the Senate and ask the senators from those states (by name) what they, personally, are going to do. Put them on the spot. The blood of those troops is on Donald Trump’s hands, and if they were killed after the mock impeachment trial in the Senate their blood is on their senators’ hands as well.

15 Likes

I’m not sure of the meaningful distinction you believe to be drawing here? Accepting your position at face value, let’s say that we agree that Russia was placing bounties to encourage the killing in action of American troops in Afghanistan. Does that make Putin’s actions, or Trump’s inaction, any more acceptable?

6 Likes

I don’t disagree with this; my point is merely its toothless. We can complain all we want and act the outraged parties in the media, etc etc. Ultimately what needs to happen is actual criminal charges and impeachment, and we all know while she controls the House, she doesn’t control the Senate and that is where the real power to hold the POTUS accountable is.

So in the end it means nothing.

I’ve said this for 3.5 years now…it’s going to be on us, the voters to fix this shit.

8 Likes

source (22)

8 Likes

They were required by law to do so over torture and war crimes. Obama just said “Look forward, not backwards.” The most the Dems will ever do is get off a couple witty zingers in a NYT op-ed and mention it in a fundraising letter

5 Likes

Not necessarily a justification per say (though I don’t think he’s wrong about it) but on Bill Marr he said the republicans were going to throw the impeachment out no matter what was exposed, so him testifying would have had no effect. He said that the only way to get Trump out is to vote him out so he thought it best to put the information out now closer to the campaign cycle. Not saying I totally agree but to answer your question that appears to be his justification.

Meanwhile Putin be like:

1 Like

And then put him in jail.

And pass law that retroactive all of a convicted president’s appointment are null and void.

And send up McConnell along with him.

The list is too long…

6 Likes

My guess is that the intelligence agencies felt a duty to include the information, but also a fear that President Biff would just blab about it to Vlad. So they put it in the part he doesn’t read.

There.

Job done.

Not our fault any more.

7 Likes

But we know they don’t really. We’ve seen how completely transactional these people are. All the ‘lizard part of the brain” issues they supposedly champion (patriotism. Abortion. Guns. Troops) are the original first-gen virtue signaling - which is why they are so triggered by actual talk about social justice. They know they themselves don’t really believe those things so assume that the other side doesn’t really believe what they’re saying either.

6 Likes

I get that, but a lot of people in your country were actual troops. Will any of them support him?

“My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin; he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

After this moment ( and the laughable attempt to ‘walk it back’ a day later) was so stunning that I’m still utterly baffled how he seems to have ‘gotten’ away with it. As he has done with innumerable examples of corrupt behaviour. I don’t think I will ever understand it. A huge number of Americans are dead because of Trump. Not because of ignorance, but
INACTION and so, imo, this guy is totally aware that he is committing crimes. And he should be held to account because if them. Along with his family and all the pusillanimous slugs that make up his so-called “administration”. This man is as cruel and I believe far more vindictive and driven by hate and contempt than any number of tyrant’s you can name. He just happens to exist in a country where there is some opposing force to his despotic behaviour. However, it’s still a possibility that he might become that if he is not thrown out and indicted for crimes. That he hasn’t even come close to that and clings to power and is capable of so much worse in AMERICA ffs, is something I will never understand.
This man does not care for anyone else. and never will. He is an aberration and he has to be stopped. today.

11 Likes

Yup. This sure seems like kind of a big deal. Shouldn’t it be considered treason? And not like “Trump is betraying the U.S. and its interests on a daily basis”, but actual treason. Can it be rationalised that the head of your military willfully ignores information like that?

9 Likes