Are these Crosshairs in Roger Stone's Instagram post attacking Judge Amy Berman Jackson, federal judge in his case?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/18/are-those-crosshairs-in-this-r.html

The judge imposed a limited gag order on Roger Stone last week.

8 Likes

Looks like some background from a sponsored event place there conveniently.
Not a smart move Roger.

14 Likes

Now I want to know where that pic is from and was that already in the background or was it added or?

EDIT: looking closer at the pic, it sure looks like her head was cut from from another image and pasted onto that background. Look at the soft blending around the hair. Still would like to know source of the image of her face.

Judging from the comments, he is not getting much in the way of sympathy.

5 Likes

Especially when he used the word hitman in his tweet.

12 Likes

Google Image Search on her name bring up this page with the “original” image -

9 Likes

We’re all leaping to conclusions that it’s a crosshair. It could just as easily be the cross in a circle symbol white supremacists use.

See Storm front dot com for an example. I don’t want to link to them directly, so here’s the SPLC page:

30 Likes

thank you!
here is the image that his cropped instagram post is from based on the blogspot post you referenced:
11%20PM

13 Likes

Yes, it was linked to in the blog post, one of the last links, but not displayed.

ETA - Am I the only one who wants to know what the color coded letters mean? I feel like they are part of some sort of conspiracy theory GI JOE file card.

12 Likes

Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?

14 Likes

I wouldn’t know, but there are those that do.
Translation shouldn’t be mush of a problem.

2 Likes

Seems like writing tweets is as bad for you as reading them.

The whole enterprise is like a heavy-handed Star Trek premise about a planet where everyone keeps hitting themselves in the face with frying pans and the viewer is meant to think “why don’t they just stop”

16 Likes

com-gif-todddd-mp4

7 Likes

OK, so Contempt of Court for Roger

13 Likes

Yes. It has been tracked down to a nutbag conspiracy site that Stone probably copy/pasted from. Maybe it was a thoughtless gesture, but knowing him I think it was deliberate.

I think a lot about how any rational person can talk to the Qanon/pizzagate/deep-state crazies and be at all productive. There probably isn’t any way to “un-red pill” them (or I guess “double red pill” them), but I typically say “if politics weren’t involved, if you didn’t know which party Trump was a member of, you’d think he was a lying con artist and kind of generally stupid just from the way he presents himself and all we know of his business record.”

Stone too. The guy worships Nixon, and bragged years ago about how he would deny anything they caught him doing. Blaming “the deep state” for these guys’ actions is like blaming a cop for arresting a drunk driver who was weaving all over the road and tossed an empty bourbon bottle out the window.

10 Likes

It’s a message that he’s the Zodiac Killer. It’s not Ted Cruz after all.

13 Likes

The image originally came from the National Law Journal and the background did not include that crosshairs.
http://www.nationallawjournal.com/image/EM/DC/Berman-Article-201507301401.jpg

5 Likes

Probably best to revoke bail until he can be tried, as well.

11 Likes

This is known in legal circles as the “I am unrepentantly guilty and I hate you Judge” defence.

It is a bold strategy, but never that successful for some reason.

If he’s playing this in a textbook way, the next thing he will do is moon the judge in open court while making a long raspberry.

24 Likes

just revoke his bail already

he’s definitely getting a pardon as trump’s bestie for so many years but at least he can get a taste of jail if not prison

2 Likes

Observe the face in the image. Then observe the skull & crossbones. Then observe the crosshairs. Then read the name under the picture. Then read the letters at the bottom out loud in your head.

What sound are you left with?

This is some twisted shit.

3 Likes