Are these Crosshairs in Roger Stone's Instagram post attacking Judge Amy Berman Jackson, federal judge in his case?

I’m not following, though maybe I’m just being a bit dense. Can you spell it out?

5 Likes

A B C D E F G H I J K L

As requested.

6 Likes

Are they calling her an “MNOP of the People”?

14 Likes

Oddly, this doesn’t look like gagging to me.
Will his next post be from the clink?

6 Likes

Yup. Obviously he can’t be trusted to act like a sane person during the pendency of his criminal trial. Making threats against the judge is never a good thing when one is out on bail.

7 Likes

The best is he’s probably dumb enough not only to use the imagery, but admit in a text or wiretapped call he intended it to threaten.

One thing that frustrates me about the law is often it’s hard to prove intent/people’s thinking. Unless they pull a trump and do things like declare emergencies then immediately say they’re not emergencies.

7 Likes

Is this a crime ? I certainly hope so.

7 Likes

Scientology used it with some success in the past: Hassle the judge, then ask the judge to recluse because the judge is biased against them.

“We spied on his staff and drowned the judge’s dog, maybe, so how can we possibly get a fair trial?”

Stone doesn’t have those resources, so maybe he’s hoping one of those Comet Pizza type nutbars will take up the cause?

9 Likes

Judges are by their nature unpopular with people on trial.

They are almost guaranteed to be accused of bias by every single person who has a judgment go against them.

The whole system is basically set up to deal with precisely this kind of complaint, so I think it would be as effective here as a drunk driver complaining the judge is biased against ugly people.

16 Likes

In my field that symbol is usually used as a registration mark for aligning color plates in print production, but that wouldn’t make much sense in the context of a community that abhors mixing of colors.

40 Likes

That was my first thought. But now I see it is just one more casualty of the fucking delusional right-wing fascist fucks infesting our civilisation. Most of what they touch or co-opt is made toxic as a result. Time to find a new symbol for that function, I fear.

2 Likes

I’m thinking to donate $0.01 to his legal defense fund, figuring it would cost them 50 cents or a dollar just to process it. Or make it a monthly donation!

4 Likes

They’re probably just building a mailing list to sell later, so they might not think that a bad financial deal.

5 Likes

Aye, there’s the rub.

4 Likes

Come on, guys. This is the best joke in this thread. A little recognition?

6 Likes

While I see what you did there, normally registration marks are outside the trim area and would never been seen in the finished product. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

came to say that my initial thought was that it was a white power cross…

6 Likes

It could be, given Stone’s association with the Proud Boys.

Why not both meanings, though?

6 Likes

Wow. This guy has certainly rung all the right-wingnut bells here. I don’t know what his “limited” gag order was, but I doubt this was ok with that order.

5 Likes

I feel bad for his lawyers… they had to make him apologize and take it down.

15 Likes