Are you out of toilet paper? Blame these two

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/21/are-you-out-of-toilet-paper-b.html

3 Likes

Ironically their home will be the first to get hit by raiders when the shit hits the fan.

31 Likes

[Soooo many puns…]

15 Likes

Don’t worry. I’m being told by the anarcho-capitalists that these people are heroes who should be thanked because they’re making sure the supply gets to the people who need it most, i.e. the ones who are selfish and can afford to pay the markup.

19 Likes

(“The Isolation of Smaug”)

57 Likes

It’s so sad when a store gets wiped-out.

16 Likes

The gang will fall out when they have a few drinks to celebrate the heist’s success - i.e. when they’re three sheets to the wind.

11 Likes

Hopefully stores will tighten their return policies before people like this suffer buyer’s remorse.

21 Likes

At this point, we have to blame the stores for not having policies to prevent this kind of pilfering.

19 Likes

48 Likes

The Florida attorney general has a price gouging Hotline: 1-866-966-7226

FAQs
and
More info

11 Likes

every once in a while, boingboing posts a story like this, and then I’m followed by advertisers and video algorithms that think that I’m the sort of person who enjoys the worst of humanity,

7 Likes

So how much could a guillotine cost to build? Asking for a “friend” running out of food and pay.

7 Likes

Granddaughter said people who buy this much toilet paper are stupid. “Are they going to eat the paper? Stupid.” I concur.

5 Likes

So this lovely couple just maxed out their credit cards and storage capacity on … toilet paper, a low value thing that is produced in limitless quantities and which is impossible to sell on-line because shipping it is too expensive. The joke is going to be on her when she finds out that the stores have normal stocks of tp within the next week and it’s utterly impossible to find buyers of tp on the secondary tp market, which isn’t even a thing right now when stores are out of it.
In this case their own stupidity will come back to bite them in the immediate future.
The smart thing to hoard is money and use it to buy up undervalued assets, like stocks and real estate. The dumbest thing possible to hoard on March 21st is tp which is just about to crash.

17 Likes

If things get really bad, expect a run on guillotines.

4 Likes

17 Likes

Not as much as a dental floss garrotte. Just thinking out loud.

ive never supported doxxing people… but this kinda makes me reconsider. i want these people to suffer a little bit for this.

6 Likes

Toilet paper seems like a strange thing to trade your soul for.

5 Likes