Arizona State Representative Rachel Jones loves guns, and "freedom"

Originally published at: Arizona State Representative Rachel Jones loves guns, and "freedom" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Meet Arizona State Representative Rachel Jones, who loves guns and “freedom” and babies until they are actually born.

15 Likes

They didn’t mention “wokeness.” That’s just lazy.

22 Likes

Hey now, the Republicans love the freedom to shoot (lots and lots of) babies (and children, and adults) with guns.

5 Likes

Sad Sack and Jones: Tryhard Patrol. Practically writes itself.

6 Likes

Guns and freedom=white power

3 Likes

Ammosexy!

Barf emoji

6 Likes

Cosplaying as an ammosexual? Lame and busted.

Cosplaying as religious warriors? The new hotness.

3 Likes

Former resident of an Arizona-Sonora border town here. After some time below the metroplexes, I composed this ditty to the tune of Ragtime Cowboy Joe:

♬ He used to sing ♬ Honky music to the cattle ♬ As he’d swing ♬ Back-and -forth in his saddle ♬ On a horse ♬ With a syncopated gait ♬ What a broken meter ♬ To the roar of his repeater ♬

♬ How they run ♬ When they hear the fellow’s gun ♬ Because the Western folks all know ♬ He’s a greaser-shootin’ ♬ Rootin’-tootin’ ♬ Son-of-a-gun from Arizona ♬ Phoenix sheriff Joe ♬

1 Like

I would choose the drag queen, as depicted queen would mop the friggin floor with those two spindly little poseurs!

6 Likes

A photo crying for the caption shooting yourself in the foot.

9 Likes

Come on, Arizona, we can do better than this!

Why does it seem like that is a big ask for Arizona?

4 Likes

‘Championing Medical Freedom’ doesn’t include allowing abortions or permitting businesses to mandate masks does it?

8 Likes

Especially those pesky school lockdowns, kids need to learn to defend themselves. No Child Left Unarmed! No Child Left Unharmed!

6 Likes

I assume it similar does not include allowing minors (or adults) to seek gender affirming care, even with parental approval?

7 Likes

Funny enough, whenever I hear phrases such as “God given rights” I keep remembering the peasant scene in The Holy Grail.

4 Likes

All those campaign materials for right-wing nuts read like they were AI generated by AsshatGPT.

6 Likes

Banning Critical Race Theory
Ending any and all lockdowns
Securing our elections
Securing our border
Fighting for the Unborn
Defending our God-given rights

Funny how they claim to be all about freedom, yet every plank in that platform is about removing liberties. It’s about who they are removing each of those liberties from, of course:

Black people
Immunocompromised people
Brown people
Brown people
Women
Non-Christians

There’s nothing “freedom” about this. They’re not even talking about giving more rights to white people. They only care about removing rights from people they don’t like (including themselves, weirdly).

You keep using this word “freedom”, MAGA Lady…

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

11 Likes

Regarding the “Arizona Campaign for Liberty” tweet “We trust you’ll make the right choice”, do they mean subjecting them to a school shooting, because maybe they just need to experience the constant low grade fear of having what should be a safe space potentiality turning into a mass murder? Or maybe they mean subjecting them to actually getting shot?

I’m not advocating that anyone turn to violence, but FFS, what will it take for these assholes to learn that Americans can’t be trusted with weapons?

Vote. These. Assholes. Out.

4 Likes

LD 17 – Choose Your Fighters.

Even if they were coming to defend the district from enemy invaders, who chooses spiked heels over flats when entering the battlefield? :man_shrugging:

on my way yes GIF by Anabel Magazine

5 Likes