Arnold Schwarzenegger to anti-maskers: "Screw your freedom ... you're a schmuck"

The same holds true for people we think we know - family, friends, neighbors, colleagues at work, etc. People show different sides of themselves to others all the time, and in that way, we’re all actors. This is why I’m surprised when those folks get overly defensive, and say the accused would never have done something wrong. I mean, Arnold Schwarzenegger cheated on Maria Shriver. Until the day she found out, would she have claimed that he’d never do that to her? :woman_shrugging:t4:

18 Likes

A hungover trash panda could do a better job.

3 Likes

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

11 Likes

(Lemme try that again)

Came here to say exactly that.

Punctuation is crucial.

5 Likes

Louder please, for the mouth breathers in the back.

11 Likes

Ahnuld is no more Jewish than I am.
I’m a New Yorker and around these parts using some Yiddish is just part of one’s normal vocabulary.
Ahnuld has been in the US long enough to pick up “Americanisms”.
I know Exactly what he means and agree.

5 Likes

I know, just kidding.

5 Likes

Looks like Arnold gave it some thought and wrote an op ed.

“Arnold Schwarzenegger: Don’t Be a Schmuck. Put on a Mask. - The Atlantic” Arnold Schwarzenegger: Don't Be a Schmuck. Put on a Mask. - The Atlantic

8 Likes

I’m sure you were.
I meant no offense.

2 Likes

While being a bad actor.

Least of all a sexist prick who continually says nasty shit about social justice warriors. Must be strange, being a filthy rich white man who never has to think about anyone else, including the SJWs who have battled against anti-Semites for decades. It’s far from surprising he’s admitted his longest relationships lasted only two years.

7 Likes

Not to mention that Yiddish is basically German, and thus much easier for him to pick up than for most.

(Though interestingly the word shmuck is not from German but from Polish. It means dragon or grass snake there, which is why it was adopted as a vulgar word for penis in Yiddish)

2 Likes

Isn’t it German for jewelry? I was quite impressed by a jewelry store I saw in Germany entitled Christschmuck. It did not feature a reliquary, more’s the pity.

1 Like

I always thought it was specifically the discarded foreskin of the penis, after a circumcision?

1 Like

Yes. There is a neat little gag in Billy Wilder’s One, Two, Three based on this.

Yes, but the two words are not related.

AFAIK it’s the whole thing, but I am not a linguist.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure a Jewish friend once told me it’s just the useless cut-off bit which gets thrown away and that’s what makes it such an insult.

But I am also not a linguist.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.