As Florida reports all-time high for Covid-19 deaths, Gov. Ron DeSantis says threat is overblown

Hi, y’all! :raising_hand_man:

34 Likes

I hear you from up here in GA, Jefe! :grin:

19 Likes

You have my sincere sympathies; Newsom is no prize, but neither is he actively trying to kill many of his state’s residents.

18 Likes

It does beggar the imagination, does it not?
and with the geezers* in The Villages starting to pop off, his [DeathSantis] base dwindles. while I full well understand the underlying “kill off as many PoC as possible with unfair get-back-to-work orders” is part of the insidious plot, but killing off your voting base as well? ummm… brilliant?
*ETA my disclosure of my own geezerliness. my curmudgeonry just happens to lean hard left.
I use the term “geezer” inclusively.

21 Likes

This National Review editorial sure aged well.

Rich Lowry can go die in the same plague pit as DeSantis.

20 Likes

Ron Death Sentence

13 Likes

Gavin Newsom always reminded me of Thomas Carcetti from The Wire. He’s a power-hungry, attention-whoring skeezeball but at least he’s a comparatively competent power-hungry attention-whoring skeezeball.

14 Likes

Real talk.

8 Likes

I swear, “leaders” like DeSantis and Il Douche should be forced to wear the Mayor Larry Vaughn Jacket of Shame.

20 Likes

This is something I don’t understand…I mean, if basic empathy doesn’t matter to DeSantis and this is just about The Economy™, aren’t the retirees in FL a huge part of its property and consumer sales tax bases?

I mean, the FL coasts are going to drown and their infrastructure is going to need a lot of work; how is doubling down on wantonly killing off a massive tax base going to help him or the state in any way?

Or is this all a plot to ratchet up the political ladder by firmly attaching his lips to Trump’s ass?

12 Likes

This is one of the many reasons the GOP response has been so bonkers from the beginning. Ignoring basic health measures during a pandemic doesn’t help the economy, it HURTS the economy. Hell, restaurant business was down something like 70 percent in the U.S. before state & local governments started mandatory shutdowns. You can’t get the economy going again without addressing the pandemic.

18 Likes

Rona Death Sentence

9 Likes

well, we can hope.
that ladder descends straight into hell and that is where the Ron and Don show needs to end.

10 Likes

Curious - I live in California and think Newsom is doing as fine as anyone in leadership can be right now. He makes daily reports and tries to convey the most info his team is gathering. What would you like him to do? Frankly without a national strategy this is why we are at where we are at

I mean if we’re being real, every state should be shut down to the bare minimum. He tries that, people are jumping down his throat about the economy. He allows for counties to open up, people are crying he’s not tough enough.

At this point we need to shut it down and send another stimulus check to our citizens, but no one‘s going to suggest that because reasons

8 Likes

I think the respiratory issues and the respirator tubes are in the way.

16 Likes

Oh, don’t misunderstand me; I’m pretty anti-politician in general, right now.

It’s due to the complicity of The Powers That Be and Business as Usual over the last 50 years that led us to the current perfect storm of clusterfucks that we are now enduring.

I’m holding everyone’s feet to the fire; they broke the social contract and now we’re dealing with the fallout…

I agree, completely.

18 Likes

And double pay of universal basic income for frontline workers, including grocery stores.

14 Likes

Sure, but if they die, someone can make a profit off selling their houses…

Also this.

13 Likes

Yes

14 Likes

Absolutely; fuck the mere lip service.

13 Likes