Assistant coach at a Texas university caught having affair with student — too bad his wife was the head coach

This is just a picture and doesn’t prove anything, but…

2 Likes

You are obviously passionate about one particular aspect of this article. That said, you don’t ACTUALLY get to dictate what others should take from a posted article. Everyone has their own life experiences and their own perspectives - it’s part of what makes interacting with other humans so endlessly fascinating!

As for me, I’ve seen hundreds of articles on the negative fallout of what some have termed ‘toxic masculinity’ (and personally, I think we’d be better off in many aspects if we were a matriarchal society instead), but this is the first time I’d ever realized that somehow, somewhere, someone is generating enough money to not just have a program teaching kids to roll balls better, but to support an infrastructure that supports hiring multiple layers of coaches to do so!

As I stated at the outset: Astounding.

4 Likes

This was my reaction too. I’m amazed at the sports infrastructure that American universities seem to focus on. Bowling is fun and all, but one is forced to wonder what else those resources could better be used for. Scholarships for some underprivileged kids, maybe?

4 Likes

There’s already a topic about all the activities considered to be sports that folks and organizations engage in for fun and/or profit:

6 Likes

5 Likes

I was expecting something of the sort.That’s right up @Melizmatic’s alley.

6 Likes

Whiny (self proclaimed over-worked) man doesn’t think ethics should apply to him, gets even more whiny about it when… checks notes consequences happen.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to focus on what you’d like, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to be critical of a bunch of men once again attempt to ignore one of the biggest problems facing people in our society.

As some who works in the academia, with no job security, etc, etc… it’s not a program like this that is the problem. It’s most certainly much more about the bloat in administration, and often infrastructure that doesn’t directly relate to education. I highly doubt that this program is sucking up that much money…

Again, the problem is administrative bloat, generally speaking. Sports programs are not inherently a problem.

And the main issue here is still toxic masculinity and how men can’t stand women in their lives being successful.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.