At least 3 women were kicked out of a bar for confronting Harvey Weinstein

To the satisfaction of the public? The statements of dozens of his victims.

ETA: Weinstein has a publicist. If you’re not her, you really shouldn’t be doing this for free.

29 Likes

All I know is I’m done with civility

6 Likes

So, he was convicted as a rapist, how many times?

What he has admitted to already is sexual harassment. There’s already enough corroborated to say he shouldn’t be around anyone he can harm further.

Also, all your “but what if he’s perfectly innocent” schtick does is to help remind people of what a shit-bag we know him to be.

By all means, challenge away, but all you’re likely to get is more examples of his documented abuse.

18 Likes

Do you believe that over a dozen women, some of whom are now richer than him, are lying?

14 Likes

See, now you look petty as well as being a rape apologist

25 Likes

It feels pretty OK to uphold the principle of a fair trial, instead of bringing out the pitch forks and torches.

Harvey already has a lawyer. If you’re not them, you shouldn’t be doing this for free.

I mean, you resurrect your BBS account after a year of inactivity for this?

We really do have higher standards around here. Try harder.

25 Likes

Heckling someone, especially when deserved, not a crime. Asking a customer to leave a bar, not a crime.

Also, in terms of severity of insult to civilization:

More than a dozen substantiated rapes and assaults over a period of decades >>>>>>>>>> pitchforks and torches >>>>> heckling him and calling him a piece of shit to his face.

16 Likes

The same goes for the Universal Declaration of Human Rights then, I assume? The part about the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty?

Stop thinking of the Southern Hemisphere as a place to receive the ones you don’t want.
First it was Australia, then the nazis in Argentina.
It has to stop.
Deal with them yourselves.

5 Likes

So apparently he’s been hanging out there a couple of nights before he was noticed?
I’m kinda surprised at the reaction “Now we have to boycott and avoid the venue because the scumbag might be sitting in there”, when it would seem to me that a much more resonable reaction would be “Ah, now we know where we can find him…”

source

1 Like

He is not imprisoned or physically harmed. If he were a poor black kid, with one tenth the accusations, he’d likely never have seen the light of day. Because he was free, he raped again. And again. If he were not immensely wealthy, he would have been jailed. There is a lot of injustice in the world. He’s likely going to get less punishment than he deserves, so, yeah, he doesn’t deserve a night out.

21 Likes

Dude, that’s for the court system.

Look, I’ll agree that the public sometimes gets things wrong with outrage etc, but not this time.

If my daughter or friend came to me and said Weinstein groped them or worse, I wouldn’t be like, well, I gotta assume he’s innocent until you get me some proof.

You bet your ass I’d assume he did what was said and if I was around the bastard, there would be words.

21 Likes

You left off the good part! You know, the part about “in a court of law?”

24 Likes

The location was arbitrary and random as an attempt at humor :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

How could you know if any of us here have made any disparaging remarks about Weinstein when none of us have been convicted of doing that?

22 Likes

The uninhabited islands of the Aleutian chain would also suit, and they are in the Northern Hemisphere. Technically US territory. The Rat Islands seem remote enough, and the name is fitting.

12 Likes
7 Likes

I assumed that would go without saying, but, yes, “in a court of law”, not “in the public opinion”.