Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Another shitty headline. Dude might be a father, but he’s also an insurrectionist who carried the traitor’s flag into the US capitol. Calling him a “dad” softens what he did.

20 Likes
10 Likes

Seriously, WTF?

9 Likes

Well, he’s white, so… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Stepien begged off due to a “family emergency.”

10 Likes

Someone threatened him most likely.

9 Likes

Are they going to be late now?

It was supposed to start at 10am and now the PBS Newshour’s live stream says 10:15?

6 Likes

Delayed 30 to 45 minutes.

7 Likes

Ah! Thanks.

5 Likes

Okay… the Newshour started their coverage… just in time for me to need to leave the house… :roll_eyes: I guess I’ll force the kid to listen on the radio…

6 Likes

Wife just went into labor. As excuses go I’ve heard worse.

13 Likes

I just finished reading that, seems like a legitimate reason. The article noted they have previously recorded testimony from him that they will play instead, so probably not a big deal.

10 Likes

In news that will shock no one, election-fraud-claiming lawyer/human cartoon character Lin Wood has recently come out as a Flat-Earther.

16 Likes

I can’t watch at work. :pensive:

6 Likes

They’ll have it up for later viewing.

10 Likes

Watching live; one of the tidbits that just popped up I hadn’t heard before is that Trump baselessly believed “the Indians” (meaning Native Americans living in tribal reservations) were being paid to vote against him.

Very on-brand for a guy who has been a vocal bigot against native peoples for decades.

15 Likes

Reminder:
All those Bill Barr recordings we’re hearing today describing how unhinged Trump was and how he had to push back against all the bullshit and lies doesn’t redeem him at all because the guy says that he’d still vote for Trump again, despite everything:

16 Likes

Barr is definitely an irredeemable bastard but if anything the fact that he still identifies as a Trump supporter makes his damning testimony even more credible since he can’t be dismissed as a “RINO” or a “Never Trumper” with a grudge.

15 Likes

16 Likes

Confirmed lots of what we all thought. That he just ignored everyone who told him the truth and pushed on with the big lie. Everyone who testified today was a republican, too.

15 Likes