Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

He became a “white whale” target for Sedition Hunters, a group of citizen sleuths who have combed through footage from the riot and tracked down the identifies of participants. Sleuths found footage of the man from earlier in the day on Jan. 6 without sunglasses, then used facial recognition to match it to photos of a man named Logan Barnhart on bodybuilding sites and cheap romance novels. They then found old images of Barnhart on his Instagram wearing the same Caterpillar hoodie and carrying the same American flag he had on Jan. 6.

Bruh.

16 Likes

His belief in what he was doing is immaterial. He broke the law by his actions. The law cares little for what you believe about what you do. (Except when it allows people to refuse to do their jobs because of religious beliefs.)

4 Likes

(</s>)

3 Likes
17 Likes

When it comes to “blue collar crime”, sure. “White collar crime” you have to prove intent and so they frequently get off.

Not coincidentally white collar criminals pay a lot of money to lobbyists.

5 Likes

The USCP consumes intelligence from every federal agency. At no point prior to January 6 did it receive actionable intelligence about a large-scale attack.”

200wx

I know hindsight is 20/20, but seriously?

12 Likes

Keep data on white terrorists? That’s crazy talk!

13 Likes
19 Likes

This story brings a smile to my face. Keep up the good work, investigators.

7 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes

Some people will do anything to keep from paying overdue book fees!

Sigh, the wingnuts are coming…

11 Likes
10 Likes

Great news for Trump, terrible news for the lawyers of those dumbasses and the Proud Boys

5 Likes
15 Likes

Who the Fk gave them a permit?

14 Likes

I’m sure the MAGA types will Back the Blue in this case. (Pot odds on Trump leaking the name?)

15 Likes
19 Likes

The prosecutor didn’t ask for a bench warrant to arrest him for failing to appear…

Well, that’s nice!

</s>

10 Likes

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21046755-tactics-used-to-breach-the-us-capitol-building-04082021

7 Likes