Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

well, they do say the same building has the city’s jail – which had over 200 people in it.

another contrast, one less ambiguous:

prosecutors found Taylor was justified in his use of force against Erica Christiansen. Hermann’s memo said Christiansen flicked a cigarette at Officer Lino Pavon [while] the civil lawsuit notes [Taylor] “pushed her to the ground, and with intent to cause her harm, shot her at point-blank range five times with penetrating plastic buck shots as he stood over her.”

so that’s great. an officer can assault a bystander – yelling at the officers, but not actually part of the protest – because they were smoking, or something.

7 Likes

The windfalls may help pay the bills, but they also could backfire in court. In at least two cases, the fundraising has been cited by prosecutors and a federal judge as a reason not to release defendants from confinement. And for some of the defendants, the donations could lead to them losing access to free public defenders.

:crossed_fingers:

15 Likes

Do you think that when he pled guilty he thought that Trump would be back in office by this point?

6 Likes
4 Likes
13 Likes

Such an insanely stupid idea to let this event happen in the first place.

14 Likes

Yes, you can read some of those bomb threats for yourselves.

7 Likes

:roll_eyes:

12 Likes

I see the usual rogues gallery of signatures there

14 Likes

They really have no clue how guilty these letters make the undersigned look, do they?

15 Likes

It’s signaling for their base. They know how it looks I’m sure.

12 Likes

I think you might be giving a good half dozen of these Congresscritters a bit too much credit. :smirk:

10 Likes

I think you mean “clown car”.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Madison Cawthorn’s signature is that of a 3rd grade girl’s?

13 Likes

Yeah - a subpoena is a subpoena boys.

Additionally - if you were using your government paid work phone - or conducting government business on your private phone - you’re shit out of luck with the privacy smokescreen.

14 Likes

But their emails!

12 Likes

Nah.

But his text messages!

12 Likes
14 Likes
16 Likes