Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

13 Likes

Did he dot the ‘I’ with a little heart? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

“ According to court papers, Meredith sent a relative a text message saying he wanted to attend an event with Pelosi and put “a bullet in her noggin on Live TV.” The relative contacted Meredith’s mother, who got in touch with the FBI. Soon after, agents located Meredith in a downtown D.C. hotel, and found a handgun, rifle and 2,500 rounds of ammunition in his possession.”

18 Likes

And I bet his first thought on being arrested was “why are they doing this to me?!

9 Likes

Here’s hoping that he has a long, long time to ponder that question.

11 Likes
8 Likes

either 6-12 months in prison, or 18-24 months in prison, depending on whether the court finds that

1. If the offense involved any conduct evidencing an intent to carry out such threat, increase by 6 levels. src

applies. here’s the plea aggreement

6 Likes
16 Likes

Tourists amirite?

“At this time, it is not clear if he was planning to attend any upcoming demonstrations or if he has ties to any previous cases in the area,” the department said.

14 Likes

Maybe they were headed to Disney Uber Alles.

8 Likes

Fence is going back up.

16 Likes

So they’re planning a rally in support of people arrested on Jan. 6, which was a rally in support of something that didn’t happen back in November. When people get arrested at this rally, I bet there will be a rally in support of them too. It’s rallies all the way down.

12 Likes

You mean superspreader events all the way down.

10 Likes
14 Likes

Well, compared to many we’ve had in politics sense, Quayle is far from the stupidest in the room.

11 Likes

That last sentence is a doozy.

As Dan Quayle might put it, our Constitution cannot tolerate a coupe .

16 Likes

I saw that on CNN. Remember the days of Murphy Brown and potatoe? Things weren’t so simple then, but damn.

(Coupe :joy:)

10 Likes

Sept. 18 rally organizer asks attendees not to wear pro-Trump clothing - Sept. 18 rally organizer asks attendees not to wear pro-Trump clothing | TheHill

But swag from QAnon, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, 3 Percenters, KKK, etc. is A Ok.

Come on Cap Police et al, you’ll have a bunch of domestic terrorists in one place, round ‘em up and toss them into prison.

9 Likes

Nor can it tolerate a sedan? :thinking:

My gast is flabbered that Dan Quayle illiteracy jokes could possibly be relevant in 2021, but here we are, in the dumbest possible timeline.

15 Likes

Depressingly accurate.

6 Likes