Ayatollah Khamenei: Trump and administration "mentally retarded"

I actually saw Bush speak and briefly met him at an event in Columbus during his second campaign. He spoke much more elegantly and better than people have him credit for, and was a much warmer and intelligent man than is thought. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

From his actions and what he has said in the subject since, I think he got tricked into the war with bad Intel and advice, and I think it weighs upon him greatly. I think he wanted to believe, and his advisors knew this and played to it.

And that is almost worst. He made a mistake, and he killed hundreds of thousands of people. By mistake. Whoops. Evil we can understand. But someone trying to do the right thing and doing the very worst thing? That is harder.

2 Likes

Because I bet you dollars to donuts he doesn’t just go, “Sounds good!” and reads it, he interjects all these changes that muddies up the original. All presidents use speech writers in some capacity. Their job from there is oration skills. Trump doesn’t tick any of the boxes for “making a good speech” unless you count “telling it like it is”.

2 Likes

WORST episode of Two And A Half Men EVER.

3 Likes

He may not have understood the question, and so ticked “No.” ?

3 Likes

I wish I could share your not-afraidness.

I suspect he is a dominionist.

End times, end of days, Armageddon as the Christian’s Bible explains it… who wouldn’t want that, right?

(I was able to watch about 10 minutes of this documentary before nausea set it–be warned)

The Intercept usually does its homework. I think they are pretty rigorous with actual fact-checking. Reading their piece on Pence does not boost my confidence in that man on any level.

ETA: grammar fail

10 Likes

There’s no need to suspect, Pence is one.

13 Likes

Eloquent even! I feel like David after the dentist.

2 Likes

I was trying to pull something reliable out of the piles of various search results. If you have a link to something he said, something in the way of documentation, that has him saying “oh yeah, end times, totally! bring it!” I’d appreciate you posting it. Pence is weirdly slippery. Really hoping that Robert Mueller is able successfully to indict/impeach both of them. Sadly, that would leave us with Paul Ryan as U.S. President who is double-plus ungood as well.

I originally got a clue last year, having read this:

and then I was listening to Jane Mayer’s interview on Fresh Air a few days ago, where I got a quick review plus some even more bizarre details about Pence (and his relationship to the Koch brothers):

http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/2017/10/18/558535760/fresh-air-for-oct-18-2017-understanding-mike-pence

Mayer writes for The New Yorker, which is also pretty solid on the fact-checking protocols:

And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to self-medicate with a mug of hot cocoa and some very loud music by The Clash.

9 Likes

It’s hard to top “dotard”. It says, “My loathing for you is such that I made the effort to find a dictionary to pick out the most appropriate term, and I bet you don’t even know what it means, but you’d better believe it’s one sick burn.” You might even say it’s a slight elevation of the typical political discourse. But it looks like it’s too much to hope for more along those lines.

4 Likes

You call tell them by their actions and the policies they support in addition to the particular dog whistles they use. Not all Republicans are Dominionists, but all politically active Dominionists are Republican.

6 Likes

Felipe Calderón:
“not very well informed man … he is completely crazy.”

David Cameron:
“I think his remarks are divisive, stupid and wrong,”

Boris Johnson:
“Donald Trump’s ill-informed comments are complete and utter nonsense,”

Francois Hollande:
“His excesses make you want to retch”

Frank-Walter Steinmeier:
“the hate preachers, like Donald Trump”

9 Likes

A good deal of North Korean (and Chinese) agitprop has that flavor-- if the propagandists had access to enough english source material to sound like a native speaker, they might be exposed to subversive material

1. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy’s enemy. No more. No less.
    The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
1 Like
4 Likes

Hey, DJT is in office now for what, someting like 10 months?

Just give him time.

2 Likes

Public speaking made him nervous.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.