Bad supercar driver compilation

2 Likes

Nice snark, but yep.

Are you suggesting that some cars are too powerful for regular people and should be banned? ETA - How about some personal responsibility being promoted instead of focusing on the inanimate object?

I see waaay more sedan drivers driving like jackasses. I have a couple friend with really nice cars, and they might take it to a closed area to horse around, but on the road they are saints. One has to be in a bright orange custom Mustang. Its a cop magnet.

1 Like

Itā€™s happening!

1 Like

1 Like

[quote=ā€œMister44, post:42, topic:72592, full:trueā€]
I see waaay more sedan drivers driving like jackasses.[/quote]

Yup. I have a car with unnecessarily high ahem ā€œperformanceā€, and my insurance rates are super cheap because of it - insurance companies charge you less if you drive a car that is statistically less likely to be involved in an accident, and sports cars donā€™t get in many accidents compared to regular cars. (Cops generally leave you alone too.)
Conversely, if you get a cheaper car but with a similarly big engineā€¦ youā€™re probably going to be paying insurance through the nose for it because thatā€™s the kind of car that inexperienced testosterone-fueled kids can afford to get and then make big mistakes with. And police are similarly likely to be a bit more watchful too.

Fuckinā€™ Priuses man. No horsepower, but good lord do some of them drive like assholes.

Yeah, but the first Camaro ploughed into a cop car. Thatā€™s quite the spectacle, even if it isnā€™t a rich guy destroying his Bugatti.

1 Like

Not just that, but the power makes them inherently more dangerous, because theyā€™re reaching speeds - and accelerating at a faster rate - than other cars can manage. Which puts other drivers at a disadvantage in defensive driving (cars appearing out of nowhere), which means more kinetic energy in crashes, etc.

1 Like

I mean, if a driver wants to cause a crash, they can do so with a bicycle or a sports car traveling at 150 miles per hour - itā€™s the same!

1 Like

If the legal system has taught me anything, itā€™s that itā€™s pretty much never the rich guyā€™s fault.

3 Likes

The victim in the black car at 0:54 appears to be the best driver in this whole video. Nice recovery!

2 Likes

Then letā€™s make it crappy all seasons vs wide profile sticky PSS. Dude in front was clearly outbraking the guy in the econobox.

1 Like

The world needs a 85 mpg supercar.

5 Likes

This sounds like a certification or licensing program for users of different classes of tools, graded on difficulty of proper use and danger posed to others.

Good thing we can regulate motor vehicles thusly.

8 Likes

hahaha Very true! Especially when traveling at 85 mph. Supercars with good gas mileage are so hard to find!

Late-stage automobilism.

4 Likes

We call those ā€˜fire trucksā€™, and I strongly suspect you need to be specially trained and licensed to operate one of those.

3 Likes

You do, also semis. It does seem very odd that you need a lot of training to drive a semi rig with a 700HP engine, but not a car with the same power.
In Europe (and I believe Japan) there are also different classes of motorcycle with different licensing requirements depending on power and weight.

5 Likes

Ditto for Oz.

Novice bikers are resticted to 650cc and 150kw/tonne [1]. Most of the bike companies produce detuned versions of their middleweight bikes for the learner market.

The restriction used to be just 250cc (with no mention of kw/t), but of course the bike companies responded to that by developing hyper-tuned 250cc loonybikes. All hail the RD250LC and RGV250ā€¦

[1] Which is more than enough to get you killed, but tends to be slightly more survivable for a learner than going direct to a seriously fast bike [2].

[2] Which are up over 500kw/tonne these days.

3 Likes