Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 4 - Ugly Duckling

I wonder what all the commotion is in between missions… it seems to me that there is scarcely room in these quarters to move around, much less make the sort of noise I hear, apparently from the other crew closets.

Since my olfactory sensors came back online, I can of course understand if crew members who are not as blessed as us humans and can not turn off their sensors are a bit dismayed at the… olfactory situation in here, no doubt due to previous wearers of these suits. That may explain some of the noise.

I am also not sure how certain crew members can even fit inside their closets. Perhaps Space Moose antlers are removable during flight?

My salvage operation in the science lab of the disabled ship was unsurprisingly quite successful, as it is nearly identical to the lab whose closet I occupied on my previous ship, and where I was located when it was destroyed - which may explain how I suffered such minimal damage. They stored their modular stellarator in the same place we did. I attempted to open the storage compartment where we stored our backup stellarator (the fixed stellarator), but a small explosive charge disintegrated what was left of the glove on my suit, which would have promptly decompressed - if I had the suit’s matching boots. I did look for them, but I’m guessing they are stuck on the hull of a salvaged ship somewhere in deep space, perhaps with the previous suit user’s feet still inside, since the boot clasps on the suit pants appear to have been torn off rather violently.

If this ship’s secret lab vaults are anything like what ours were, I would probably be useful on Mission 2. However, I am told via a note slipped into my closet that I could be most useful guarding the ship due to my advanced SENsors, especially with the upgrades currently available.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY Repairs
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
BUY Sensor_Suite
MISSION 1
END

9 Likes
  > iotrap.penguinchris: 0xb41a7326a2fa670ecd4e4d9b227aedd094bdfaf5

“Roger that, penguinchris! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ buy repairs
✔ buy targeting_algorithm
✔ buy sensor_suite
✔ mission 1
2 Likes

All of it shall be be returned this round, my good man. Moose. FELLOW SALVAGER.

6 Likes

Ssssssssssssss!

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 2 newliminted
BUY Repairs
BUY Repairs
BUY Disruptor
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
MISSION 1
END

2 Likes
  > iotrap.dreamboatskanky: 0x0efdc2405a59b3060a927b15dd2604c2ea380682

“Roger that, dreamboatskanky! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ pay 2 newliminted
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy disruptor
✔ buy  targeting_algorithm
✔ mission  1
1 Like

MONOSPACE OFF

@Kassandra
PAY rkt88edmo 5
PAY dreamboatskanky 3
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
BUY FLYWHEEL
BUY RAD_SHIELDING
MISSION 4
END

@DreamboatSkanky @rkt88edmo Reddest regards on your investment in my mechanical endeavors; I hope my repayment terms are to our mutual satisfaction, and as @monkeyoh and @uphill will discover, reinforces your surely pre-existing conclusion that:

While that is true, yellows greens and blues are not always to be trusted…

Although, ::cough cough::, they can certainly be, uh… “fun”, to “be around”, given the appropriate circumstances. Which should usualy include the requirement that no recording devices be present. Live and learn, like a clock! that’s what I always say.

GIVE IT UP, WATNEY!!! @steampunkbanana

Now that that’s out of the way, who’s up for a few rounds of some good old fashioned space chanteys?

8 Likes
  > iotrap.othermichael: 0xd520fe0f0f926e941ed701f498f938b0597aa736

“Roger that, othermichael! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✖ pay rkt88edmo 5
   [ERR] Player '5' does not appear to exist in this reality. :(
✖ pay dreamboatskanky 3
   [ERR] Player '3' does not appear to exist in this reality. :(
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy flywheel
✔ buy rad_shielding
✔ mission 4
1 Like

NON-MONOSPACE-TYPE PARSE ERROR RESUBMIT

@Kassandra
PAY 5 rkt88edmo
PAY 3 dreamboatskanky
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
BUY FLYWHEEL
BUY RAD_SHIELDING
MISSION 4
END

My dearest Kassandra - while scavengers 3 and 5 do not appear to exist in this reality, should they have been present it appears that you would have had no trouble in rendering them rkt88edmo and dreamboatskanky worth of juice apiece.

Bananas don’t grow on trees, they grow on plants. And the banana doesn’t fall far from the plant, if you know what I mean, Kassandra. I didn’t fall off the banana truck yesterday. It was decades ago, and my repair certificates are all in-order and on-file.

POKE 53281, 2 : POKE 53280, 2

5 Likes
  > iotrap.othermichael: 0x090b0844fd358f6717dcb5742b305a844fdcff01

pay rkt88edmo 5
pay dreamboatskanky 3
buy repairs
buy repairs
buy flywheel
buy rad_shielding
mission 4

“Roger that, othermichael - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ pay 5 rkt88edmo
✔ pay 3 dreamboatskanky
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy flywheel
✔ buy rad_shielding
✔ mission 4
1 Like

“Well, you know what they say about stopped clocks being right twice a day. Looks like you’ve managed one so far, but don’t worry - there are a few hours left. Statistically speaking, you’re due!”

“Flirt all you want, banana boy, but you still need to file mission orders like everyone else and pay the syn tax.”

POKE 59458,62

5 Likes

Even though I’ve been disappointed by them in the past, I just can’t resist the lure of a locked safe.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 25 OtherMichael
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
MISSION 2
END

4 Likes
  > iotrap.uphill: 0x44b1e0b8f9ffb676419cbed364c6f4d08735b6bd

“Roger that, uphill! Your orders now on file for this round are:”

✔ pay 25 othermichael  
✔ mission 2
1 Like

I am nobody’s PET.

3 Likes

Hey there, now, “Commodore”, Kassandra is your Amiga, understand? You are a Very Important Cultivar. You might See Sixty-Four and you might See A Hundred and Twenty Eight you just need to play your cards right.

3 Likes

Feh. Everybody’s a Captain Kirk.

2 Likes

Theodore Rump cackles with glee at seeing the 2 juice pop up on his exosuit control panel. He pushes the accept button, nodding eagerly. “I can afford lobster tonight!”

4 Likes

Help me out, Kassandra. What two times a day would this broken clock be right?

5 Likes

That would be 4.273Fc AM and 4.273Fc PM

It makes me happy to see such a marvellous timepiece displaying galactic standard time.

8 Likes

Galactic Standard Time divides the day into 20 hours, beginning at 00.01.00 and ending at 19.99.99. This clock would, at most, be right once per day, unless it were traveling at a significant fraction of the speed of light.

4 Likes