Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Round 4 - Ugly Duckling

I’ve always wanted to know: how many centons in a parsec?

5 Likes

That depends on how fast you’re going, who’s watching and where they are watching from.

4 Likes

Has Watney told you of the time he did the Kessel FunRun in under 30 centons? He cornered me in the mess and “delighted” me with the excruciating details. Some raconteurs are made, not born, and he seems to have been forged in the potatoes of Mars.

7 Likes

Speaking of Watney, he’s been pretty quiet. Did he get offended at that trophy I brought back for him?

1 Like

Friday Night Mission Update

reminder: whatever you do BUY REPAIR

We have the perfect team on Mission 1. If you have not selected a mission, please choose 2, 3, or 4.

If you are on mission 2, 3, or 4, please send 5-10 U towards one of our hard working Eel Stompers

Spike Greenarm @daneel,
Quirky Kumquat @DreamboatSkanky
Vi Locke @gwwar
Theodore Rump @newliminted
Ester @penguinchris

The below information became obsolete when Omicron Nu Pi, Ph.D. has switched to mission 4.

We have six scavengers on Mission 1 which is

one too many scavengers for this mission

Ester @penguinchris (SEN 35 = 23+12)
Theodore Rump @newliminted ( SEN 29 = 23 + 6 )
Vi Locke @gwwar (SEN 28 = 22 + 6 )
Quirky Kumquat @DreamboatSkanky(SEN 24 = 20+6-2)
Omicron Nu Pi, PhD @monkeyoh (SEN 20 = 16+6 -2)
Spike Greenarm @daneel (SEN = 19)

If I have the math right, that’s 155 SEN when we only need 125 to ensure zero damage from Space Eels. Having an extra scavenger on mission 1 is actually a small problem becuase every scavenger on mission 1 with a SCI less than 25 has a small chance of big damage.

Some Mission 1 scavenger not named Ester should probably choose a different mission. Spike would seem to be the obvious choice, but you are sentient enough to work this out yourselves.

–Hans Landau

7 Likes

Changin’ my orders!

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 25 OtherMichael
BUY Disruptor
BUY Rad_Shielding
BUY Sensor_Suite
BUY Flywheel
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
BUY Repairs
Mission 4
END

4 Likes

I’m runnning mission 1, dont have the juice to run anything else.

and gee whiz…I was on your list before…its almost like you want my services elsewhere, and I am happy to oblige.

Certainly feeling a bit better now that I’ve slept off that awful walloping I took.

4 Likes

I’m too simple-minded to switch missions. Besides, I’ve gone to my quarters, put on my bathrobe and I’m catching the late-night FAWKS news. In the morning I will have something to say about those untrustworthy bananas. They shouldn’t even be allowed on the ship. I mean, they COULD INTERFACE with the ship, causing untold damage. Put me in charge and mechanical bananas will not be around much longer, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Well, decision time is upon us.

Ell life? Sounds like a FANTASY
Not my vault? Check out my MAGIC CARPET scraps!
Black lab? Sounds like you had a fire. NO THANKS.

Let’s go BEYOND THE DARK PORTAL!

Galacto (@rkt88edmo), here’s five bucks, why don’t you join me on mission 3, you’ve got a decent sensor array and frankly, I like to have other people around to talk to. And, since a good many people are keeping things clear for us, I’ll throw them a few bucks too. Except Rump, he keeps telling me he doesn’t actually need any money at all and that he’s only here to keep the Mexicans out.

I don’t even know what he’s talking about.

Oh, Hieronymoose (@wisconsinplatt), I wanted to thank you profusely for reuniting me with some old friends! We’ll be having a short reunion in the galley later on with some ketchup if anyone else would like to join in.

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 9 critter
PAY 5 rkt88edmo
PAY 5 daneel
PAY 5 DreamboatSkanky
PAY 5 gwwar
PAY 5 penguinchris
BUY Repairs
BUY Repairs
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
END

3 Likes

Watney (@SteampunkBanana) if you’re going to go with me and play with portals you’d best add a mission to those orders.

3 Likes

[Yawn] That was a big nap. I dreamed I was a… HEY!

I LOVE IT! YES! This is mine. See? It fits perfectly. Soooooo Beautiful. Look. Look. Look. No! LOOOOK! Isn’t it beautiful? I can read it. I says “Princess Unagi”. That’s me.

Thank you Mr. Warnsforth Space Moose! You can be my best friend. You can be my best friend until Tuesday. AND… you can come to my birthday party. The eels can’t come any more. They were going to come, but they were too mean to me. I wanted to play tag and they kept being mean. Plus they are yummy. Do you like eels? No, do you like eels TO EAT? I do. That’s how come I’m Princess Unagi. That just means eel. I think it’s French or something.

I don’t want to go outside the comsope any more. I’m going to stay here and play with Legos and I can use the cannon thing to make some more unagi for my birthday. Is there room for me to use a cannon?

@Kassandra SUBMIT
BUY REPAIRS
BUY REPAIRS
MISSION 1
END

9 Likes

@Kassandra SUBMIT
PAY 9 critter
PAY 5 rkt88edmo
PAY 5 daneel
PAY 5 DreamboatSkanky
PAY 5 gwwar
PAY 5 penguinchris
BUY Repairs
BUY Repairs
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
BUY Targeting_Algorithm
Mission 3
END

1 Like

Galacto,

I misread the orders. I thought you had already changed missions – that’s why I took your name off. Thanks for catching my error.

That said, we do have too many scavengers on mission 1 Once the cumulative SEN sent on mission 1 exceeds 125, any additional scavengers on Mission 1 provide no benefit but increase the risk of 20-40 damage from a jammed gun.

At 9U and 17HP, you’re in a tough spot. I could give you 1U to afford a mission fee, but I can’t afford to loan you enough to pay for the repair to survive the missions.

So I’ll update the list, and we’ll try to figure this out.

First and foremost, do what you need to do to survive this round. Dead is the opposite of complex.

-Hans

4 Likes

No problem Hans - the generosity of others has me well set for repairs, just not extra funded to take on a mission, but it looks like that is being remedied, need to do some maths and make sure as hooves are hard to count on, except for smashing eels.

2 Likes

Saturday Morning Mission Update

We have eight! scavengers on Mission 1 which is

too many scavengers for mission 1

Ester @penguinchris (SEN 35 = 23+12)
Theodore Rump @newliminted ( SEN 29 = 23 + 6 )
Vi Locke @gwwar (SEN 28 = 22 + 6 )
Galacto Hardenhoof @rkt88dmo (SEN 25)
Dottie @old (SEN 25)
Quirky Kumquat @DreamboatSkanky(SEN 24 = 20+6-2)
Omicron Nu Pi, PhD @monkeyoh (SEN 20 = 16+6 -2)
Spike Greenarm @daneel (SEN = 19)

If I have the math right, that’s 205 SEN when we only need 125 to ensure zero damage from Space Eels. Having extra scavengers on mission 1 is increases the risk of damage because every scavenger on mission 1 with a SCI less than 25 has a small chance of big damage.

Some Mission 1 scavengers who don’t have at least 25 SCI should switch to mission 2, 3, or 4.
If you do switch from mission 1 to mission 2 3, or 4, please make sure that enough scavengers remain on mission 1 so that the cumulative SEN exceeds 125

This space lobster may be 4th level Prigononist who values social complexity, but I am also a serious introvert. All this social interaction, while appreciated, is weighing on me. I’ll be spending my remaining time before the next mission basking in the welcome vacuum of the ship’s exterior. The Raman scattering of the ship’s engines is a comforting glow, but makes communication difficult, so I will be hard to reach.

Be safe out there.

–Hans Landau

4 Likes

Quirky will reassign himself. Stand by.

4 Likes

I switched my mission orders, but they haven’t been confirmed by @Kassandra yet.

6 Likes
  > iotrap.monkeyoh: 0x96e538a6bb202390b10c1ac752f82355bb11e592

pay 25 othermichael
buy disruptor
buy rad_shielding
buy sensor_suite
buy flywheel
buy targeting_algorithm
buy repairs
mission 1

“Roger that, monkeyoh - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ pay 25 othermichael 
✔ buy disruptor
✔ buy rad_shielding
✔ buy sensor_suite
✔ buy flywheel
✔ buy targeting_algorithm
✔ buy repairs
✔ mission 4
1 Like
  > iotrap.steampunkbanana: 0x0f87f1c36f1ff7413966e6c6b4cb23d495df6c4a

pay 9 critter

“Roger that, steampunkbanana - the above orders have been discarded. Your new orders on file are:”

✔ pay 9 critter
✔ pay 5 rkt88edmo
✔ pay 5 daneel
✔ pay 5 dreamboatskanky
✔ pay 5 gwwar
✔ pay 5 penguinchris
✔ buy repairs
✔ buy repairs
  > iotrap.old: 0x72f8518c4bb4290f255b566ac779ec6e477ffd34

“Roger that, old! Your orders now on file for this round are:”