Badass Space Dragon 2.0 - Round 7 - Money Talks

Duck’s not here, man.

3 Likes
SentientBits: b104.0000
-b3  | repairs x3 (+6HP)
-b20 | Scan Scrambler (+2 ST)
-b60 | 3x Machine That Goes Bing (+6 EN)
-b10 | Mission 4 - Change of Scenery  
-b11 | Charitable Donation to the Beard Memorial Tombstone Fund 
------------------------------
0.0 SentientBits

8 Likes

Come, now. b1 won’t even cover the application to petition for permission to solicit interest for the right to establish a Beard Memorial Tombstone Fund.

4 Likes

But what are you doing, like?

2 Likes

Locking in:

b120, 109 HP, +2 SH | Complete Over Haul
-b60, +6 EN | Machine That Goes Bing
-b60, +6 SH | Hull Plating
-b5 | Crew Fee, Dakota Hoofington
-b20 | Mission 2 - Follow the Money

No antlers, no awards!

1 Like

“Dear board @bizmail_public , if it’s not too late, I’d like to request a loan of 134b to secure a litttle extra hull plating for the Didn’t See That Coming. I reckon it’s too late to overhaul her engineering and cloaking systems, but I’d rest a bit easier at night knowing she was a little less fragile than she is now. Gonna be diggin’ into some paydirt with the rest of us, so let’s make use of what we have as best we can in the moment, eh? Failing 134b, 94b would be just fine.”

Just a note – as others have pointed out, if you are taking Mission 2 Stealthing it up is your best first strategy; only if you lose the stealth battle will you Hull Plating have any, er, impact.

Stealthing it up still only gets you down (at best) to a 10% chance of taking a right shoeing from the Penny.

Numerous hints have been dropped as to the potential value of money in the future. I forsee an inflationary crisis in Charybdis. Not sure those of us that survive will have much to buy beyond hats.

I think Mackey has it right, to be honest.Might be a wise decision to avoid any damage and get the ship as good as possible right now.

Don’t you feel we’re being just a little manipulated here?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s why I was trying to open some dialogue about the possibilities; I don’t recall any of these conversations, so I eventually was swayed to the “Stealth it up, buy armaments in the future” argument.

le sigh

@bizmail_public

Given the likely collapse of the economy in the very near future, I would like to request all the money that the bank has left, to spend on my ship while I still can.

1 Like

Hey, bank! @bizmail_public - got b60 left?

I’d buy up one o’ them Gatling Canons for blasting out yer enemies in the future, and protecting our Communal way of life! My proven track record of survivability coupled with my well-engineered and well-stealthed ship is quite likely to survive, especially when coupled with such a canon.

“An’ just to make sure the chronometer doesn’t time out while waiting to hear back from the DFMB, let’s gussy up the orders here. Plenty of replicators still replicatin’ out there and plenty of innocent sentients are at risk. I’ll be runnin’ interference on those dad-blasted cubes with good ol’ Natasha (@davide405) and Slaal (@Slaal).”

“Pete? Ya do good work. I’d like to sign up fer one of yer famous overalls.”

“Ella? That sparkle in my eye is vengeance. Let’s give the old girl a bit of pinch, eh? Ol’ Lazlo’s got some Unizone mess to clean up. One o’ my boys has mocked up a, whaddayacall, artist’s rendition of our plan once we get ahold of the head human in charge of Unizone.”

336.8b | Starting balance
+ 94.0b | Transfer from bizmail_public
-120.0b | Complete Overhaul (Full HP / +10 Max HP / +2SH)
- 60.0b | Gatling Cannon (+8FP)
- 40.0b | Hull Plating (+4SH)
- 40.0b | Hull Plating (+4SH)
- 50.0b | Mission 3 - Spare Change  (x8 drones)
4 Likes

[Lazlo checks the mission loadouts and notices a conspicuous absence.]

“Sir G? (@donald_petersen) Ya filin’ orders this round, space buddy? Ships what been sittin’ still lately have been encounterin’ some awfully hot pockets…”

1 Like

APPROVED

Transfer b32.0 to @Demiurgus

BTW, the Board is concerned about the safety of Pete’s workyard (they’ve been blown apart before) developments with the block chain, and is thus encouraging captains to take out loans NOW while upgrades and repairs and before the sentient block trains causes trouble.

Does anybody else want a loan, or more loan? we stil have b200 to lend.

1 Like

Ahem!

“Dear board @bizmail_public , if it’s not too late, I’d like to request a loan of 134b to secure a litttle extra hull plating for the Didn’t See That Coming. I reckon it’s too late to overhaul her engineering and cloaking systems, but I’d rest a bit easier at night knowing she was a little less fragile than she is now. Gonna be diggin’ into some paydirt with the rest of us, so let’s make use of what we have as best we can in the moment, eh? Failing 134b, 94b would be just fine.”

Edit, edit edit.

@patrace, please ignore my previous mission request. I don’t trust the financial system.

And screw upgrades. I want a hat!

b10 Mission 4 - Change of Scenery
b500 Pith Helmet
b26 Hull Repairs (2 HP) x 26 (+52HP)

give 4FP to @gwwar
receive 4ST from @gwwar

remaining b13.2 Charitable Donation to the Beard Memorial Tombstone Fund

8 Likes

approved
transfer b94 @messana

1 Like

Approved
transfer b60 to @OtherMichael

1 Like

You follow drugs, you find drug addicts and drug dealers. But you follow the money, and you’re gonna find a wretched hive of venture capitalists.

5 Likes

If more to lend, I would request 60b for three more Scan Scramblers.