Badass Space Dragon - Duck's Pond

The underside, I fear…

2 Likes

Not sure - Juneau?

Tell you what, Alaska.

8 Likes

Say what you want about the tenets of the Falkayn Memorial Community Co-Op, at least it’s one of the Fair Banks.

10 Likes

If we wait here any longer, we’re going to end up in the Thunderdome with Clankenstein and Toecutter.

1 Like

By my calculations, that would take another ~7 months.

Patience, y’all.

6 Likes

Hey Duck, I really like what you’ve done with the place but that new barmatic serv-o-bot doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing. Keeps asking if I want my beer in a glass when it’s clearly already in one.

5 Likes

Seward you’ve started?!

1 Like

Hey, Duck! It’s great to see you’re back in business!

How 'bout a banana daiquiri?!!

You know what? Never mind.

5 Likes

Barkeep, I say, Barkeep!

Eeep! No reason to throw up the horns, we’re all friendly here, Mr. Duck!

Anyway, since I changed my mind about that daquiri, how about a Raum Rum Piraten?

##That’s where I get a space rum… and don’t pay!

Just kidding, Duck, just kidding.

Sheesh.

5 Likes

Looks like a pretty serious rumpiraten tickle fight

3 Likes

Player’s Choice Awards

All players, living or dead are eligible to vote. Please private message me with your selections for:

• Player’s Choice Award for Character Development
  • Player’s Choice Award for Awesome Space Ship
  • Player’s Choice Award for Pillar of the Community
7 Likes

http://love-it-loud.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Top-Ten-Johnny-Cash-Albums.jpg

5 Likes

Duck, have you ever been audited before?
Once, but never came to anything.
I got this weird message from the Interstellar Revenue Service…
Yeah, well, what are they gonna do, confiscate your wreckage after that penny blasts you apart?
Good point, Duck. I can always count on you for some perspective. Gimmie a rumchata.
No rumchata for you.
Quit fooling around Duck.
You’re cut off on rumchatas. I’ll get you anything else, but no rumchata.
What? That’s nuts.
The other captains are complaining.
But I’m always a happy drunk, Duck. I never cause any trouble.
Yeah, but your sLobster digestive system can’t metabolize the rumchatas, and your gas is killing us.
I don’t smell anything.
You’re a sLobster, you can’t smell.
Oh yeah.
Even the soup was complaining.
Shit.
And you have to take a different table, farther from the recirculator intake.
Ah whatever. Alright Duck, gimmie a nice zinfandel, or something with an umbrella in it.

9 Likes

+ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +

A: Crap, the coin’s deployed Satoshi drones. We’ve got to shake them off our … cent.
. . .
B: GET OFF THIS FREQUENCY.

11 Likes

Two of Cups

Jacques taps a few more commands into the command panel, mostly to make it go away. Then he drains his lethe-rumchata. He grabs for a bottle at his feet, but it’s empty. He tosses it to a corner of the deck where it makes a satisfying tinkling sound breaking against the pile of bottles there. A little unsteadily he walks back to a utility cabinet and pulls another, refilling the ice in his glass at the same time. Then he staggers back to the captain’s chair. A long drink and his eyes unfocus. The display screens and status lights being to spin around him in a satisfying way.

“Mon deux, il est plein d’étoiles!”

Five of Rods

A thump wakes Jacques up. His glass is still cold, he wasn’t asleep long. He takes a quick swig then stands up and looks around. Autodocking complete! He must be somewhere. He walks to the door, absently grabbing a series of datacubes he dimly remembers are to be delivered…somewhere.

Better get a roadie.

Knave of Coins

Jacques blinks in the harsh lights of the empty, sterile bar. Mop droids buzz about, as if it’s past last call and everyone has really gone home. But a small congregation sits at a table in the back, and Jacques wanders over. Boring place, not The Pond to be sure. The Pond! A horrible sensation comes over him. Why?

“Duck? What are you doing here.”

“This is my bar.”

This is your bar? But…”

“JACQUES!”, this is Ella, cross.

“Madam!”

“Do you have any the info on Penny?”

“Info on the penny…I think the idiom…I am unfamiliar…”

“The damned Bad Penny!”

Bad…a bad dream. People dying, the world coming apart.

“But I was delivering hats…wait drones…”

Duck looks at the diminutive human sadly.

“Jacques…Jacques: you’ve been on a month-long bender.”

“Month.”

“Including completing a couple of missions. What’s that in your pocket?”

“No, I am not happy to…wait…datacubes. But where is everyone?”

Everyone is staring at Jacques, faces hardening. And that’s the thing about lethe-rumchatas, you can keep it going and keep it going and then when you sober up, it all comes back in an instant. Jacques boots into a bin next to the bar.

“Captain Falkayn! And Captain Mrs. Richard Basehart! Merde.”

Don snorts, “That explains why he was so quiet lately.”

“Duck, Duck! One of the captains! One of the captains is a drone, an imposteur!”

“We know Jacques. We know.”

“But everyone…”

“Everyone left has headed out, our last chance against the coin.”

Jacques looks despondent. Ella sighs. “Here take this storage locker key. And hurry, you just might catch them.”

“Aim for the power source!” shouts Pete.

Jacques stops by the bar and looks at his digiwallet. “Say, Duck, a rumchata for the road? I can pay…¢0¿.0½ star bits…”

“Out!”

The Fool

Jacques stares at his face in the mirror of the Captain’s quarters. He tosses his hat in the corner. As long as this time, he doesn’t come back alone. Then, maybe, he’ll put it back on. The quad-band resonance array is humming, the course already laid in.

"Captain" Jacques Malchance The Entropy
12 Likes

Well, good luck captains, I bid you adieu, and I’ll see you on the other side.

8 Likes

We can’t let this coin get away with any more treachery. It’s time for …change

8 Likes

Isn’t one of them bad enough?

3 Likes

Find a Penny, blow it up, and all day long you can space truck.

6 Likes