Badass Space Dragon - Duck's Pond

Savaric Tubertus also has some clarification-questions he would like to proffer:

Are we allowed to take temporary possession of others’ damage?
Must we keep this damage?
What if I still have the original receipt?
Does said damage need be inflicted by a third-party?
Could it be inflicted at a party?
Does having my stinger bent by the bar’s bouncer count?
What if I already have die in my ship’s hold from a war-gaming craps session last week? [Savaric is well aware that war-gaming is frowned-upon. Yet Savaric does love the six-sided die.]

My cousin, Zzzzzacariah, a Monkey Bee, lurvs to play craps.

[Je suis venu ici pour botter le cul et obtenir le pollen, et je ne peux trouver aucune pollen.]

2 Likes

“Browf let Duck (@patrace) be judge and jury on, but intention be ship take most cumulative damage. repair okay.”

“and who know? anything happen in Charybdis, especially at Duck’s Pond”

2 Likes

“Browf sure Zach love craps, but Zach sure give Browf creeps.”

1 Like

Try a Terran Airport.

Healthy Bees, and lots of room to land the Not Worthy

-Falkayn

3 Likes

I shall have to look into that.

However, those terrans, they… they… THE OUTRAGE.

Innovative, I’ll grant them that.

Hrm. How I could I automate a royal jelly maker that spoons it directly into my mouth… Without royalactin, of course. Or just smear it all over me while I sleep. It is how I developed my luxurious hair…

You know, there are times when smoke just doesn’t cut it… but the last time I tried 10-HDA … ugh. NEVAR. AGAIN.

2 Likes

The crowd’s lively, drinks? cheap. The pond’s lovely, meditative as a synthwave concert, senpai Osho would have loved the place.

Yo, Duck!
Mate, I’m in the mood to chug a hubble.

I got some spacebits to my name, I’ll get 'em in a week or few, have no entropy on the brain wallet ATM. how’s a ϵ IOU for a jar?

Sorry can’t hear ya over the music,
I’ll just grab it.

Ah!
That’s the zeitgeist mate,
I already feel my mind going places!

6 Likes

Deez repairs, they domestic repairs, foreign repairs, or bowf?

6 Likes

“repair anyway you can, it not affect you ship total cumulative damage, but Browf defer to Duck so can be neutral. Browf also have chance too!”

“and if we take too serious (( or otherwise throw spanner in GMing this game )), Duck can always push Bingo self-destruct”

I know you don’t like talking about your past, so I won’t ask.

Still, there is something familiar about your manner. Long Eaton? Ilkeston? You manners reflect a certain Derbyshire gentleman my mother adored.

The fact that Mr Darcy was fictional shouldn’t bother people like you or me.

–Falkayn

1 Like

So I take you’re not much a queen…

-Falkayn

P-R8=N 

The painful, complaining strains of the gears and chains of the landing gear of The Somewhat Broken Heart decrease to a creaky calm. Captain Quirky Kumquat unboards, toting a mag-lev carry bag, and looking rather like a reptilian Father Christmas. He hauls his load into Duck’s Pond, drops the bag by the JukeBot, and flicks his visor up with a cavalier flip of his middle claw.

Quirky: Sssss! Thhhh! The unusual, Duck, my ruminant restaunteur. And…. I’ll take the “Buy-One-Get-One-Free-with-Share-of-Mission-Log” discount.

Quirky drops a tablet on the counter’s PayPanel™, and his Mission Log begins to read out on the big monitor between the taxidermied gorlax head and the yellowing pinup of Miss Rigel 7.

Quirky: (Turning to the tavern broadly) So, this happened:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mini-Mission: The Wreck of The Hesperus

Mission Background: The Hesperus is a derelict ship in The Big-Ass Asteroid Belt. once belonging to a species of space-faring avians, the Squawkulons. The Squawkulons, despite their horrid name, were great music lovers. Their fabled music drive is rumoured to be intact on the derelict, and its contents a treasure trove of music for every occasion.

Mission Profile: Locate the wreck of the Hesperus. Board Hesperus and liberate the Sqwawkulon Music Drive. Avoid latent security measures. Return to Duck’s Pond with hot licks and phat beats. Upload to Duck’s Pond JukeBot, gain the love and adoration of all.

Mission Log 1.0.0

The Somewhat Broken Heart, captained by space lizard Quirky Kumquat, and The S.O.L. Jr., captained by fellow space lizard Mrs Richard Basehart, leave the spaceport at Duck’s Pond and set a course for Quadrant 5 of the Big-Ass Asteroid Belt, reasoning that even though there should only be four quadrants, a legendary take like The Hesperus wouldn’t likely be in an obvious place. So Q5 it is.

Approaching Big-Ass Asteroid Belt. Sensors (and by sensors, I mean that dinging, chunking sound we hear this side of the forward hull armor) indicate only small-ass asteroids, but boy, there are a lot of them.

Ding! Chunk!

Mission Log 1.1.0

(Quirky Kumquat reporting. My clutch-sister and fellow captain, Mrs Richard Basehart, have gone EVA and boarded the wreck of the Hesperus, and enormous, apparently quasi-organic spacecraft of Sqwawkulon origin. Having entered through what we think is an egg-deploying portal, now held open by the grabblers of The Somewhat Broken Heart, we are now proceeding down a tunnel bearing towards the bow…)

Mission Log: 2.0.0

Quirky Kumquat, Captain, The Somewhat Broken Heart, reporting. Safely aboard with our prize, the Music Drive of the derelict Sqwawkulon vessel, the Hesperus. Setting course for Duck’s Pond.

Plan is to upload the Music Drive to the Duck’s Pond Jukebot, and win the praise and adoration of all for the phat beats and wicked tunes.

Last back buys the drinks, Clutch-Sister!

(OVER)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quirky flicks his tongue over the glass of unusual in his hand. He looks at the carry bag. He flicks his tail.

7 Likes

D’Arcy?

I remember him. Aristo type, born to rule (much like your good self). Liked to play at being a soldier. Thought he was good at it too, until we ran into those pirates on Stavromula Beta. He went to pieces so fast people got hit by the shrapnel. Let’s just say he was lucky the ICUP uniform has brown trousers.

3 Likes

Aaaaah, Quirky! I guess you beat me back! Looks like the next round is on me, huh?

Barkeep, another unusual for my Clutch-Brother here, and… can I get a direct hook-up to that keg? Or at least a couple of pitchers… I’m parched!

[glances at Quirky’s carry bag]

So… let’s see it, huh?

3 Likes

Flicks the mag-field off with his tail. The bag drops to reveal its contents, a large ovoid pulsing with light. The Sqwawkulon Music Drive!

Quirky: Here’s to fancy flyin’, bold buccaneerin’, and my clutch-sister from before our first molt!

(Quaffs his unusual.)

Quirky: Plug her in, sis.

3 Likes

[Picks up the drive and places it gently on the bar]

Hmmmmmm, this looks like a power cord, yeah? Mind if I use that receptacle, Duck?

[Plugs in the cord. Raises a glass to Quirky.]

Cheers, mate!

[The ovoid hums and then… nothing.]

Uhhhhhhhh, w’happen?

3 Likes

“have try turn off and on again?”

“what on there? 255 hours bird squawk?”

3 Likes

Quirky taps the egg.

Quirky: Come on, love. You were a right little music box up on the Hesperus. (Tap, tap, tap.) Give the nice folks a singy little sing-song, yeah?

(Silence.)

Quirky: Seriously? Maybe it’s a setting. (Peruses the shell, trying to follow the pulsing lights underneath.) …Menu, maybe?… menu, menu…

(A Series 2 ServerBot rolls up with a claw full of Duck’s Pond menus.)

ServerBot: Menus. The soup of the day is Cream of Something Else. Would you like another drink?

Quirky: Um.

(Snarls at the egg. Tail flicks anxiously.)

Quirky: But…but… The fuel. The dings. The chunks. That brown pile of brown. My personal massage grenade. (Catches himself, looks around at the crowd.) Don’t laugh, everybody needs love. (Turns back to the egg.) You’re useless, aren’t you?

(ServerBot scans the egg.)

ServerBot: Not useless. Ingredients. (Cranes neck around to Duck.) Boss! Got a new soup of the day for you.

(ServerBot carts off the egg, leaving two embarrassed, dejected space lizards staring at each other in disbelief.)

4 Likes

Ah, yes, am feeling a mite peckish for an eggy cup.

5 Likes

Awwwwww, crap. Crappity crappity crap! Sorry, bro. Maybe AmazonGalactic can deliver you a replacement grenade? I wish my suit’s video link had been functioning - then we could’ve shown everyone how beautiful that egg was, back on its ship… ohhh, the music… it was like nothing I’d ever heard before…

[Sniffs and wipes some moisture from her eye]

Ahem! That better end up being some fantastic soup.

3 Likes