Ban on Trump's #MuslimBan upheld by U.S. Appeals Court in unanimous ruling. Next stop, Supreme Court?

Was that a fake Godwin?

1 Like

Just saw this on FB:

21 Likes
15 Likes

This escalated rather quickly.

2 Likes

5 Likes

That almost makes me wish I was one of the Twits; just so I could post this in reply:

16 Likes

This is the perfect feed line for the 9th Circuit to come back with

“We stand with the Judiciary. #Executive #Legislative #Judiciary

or similar.

7 Likes

Oh please, let that come to fruition.

5 Likes

That is EXACTLY what it is like…

7 Likes

SEE YOU IN COURT

Doesn’t he mean “so-called court”?

2 Likes

He doesn’t seem to have that level of charm or wit.

2 Likes

It’s been a good while since the SC came down 8-0 or 9-0 on a high-profile case, but it’s a very real possibility here, and I am sure as hell looking forward to it if it should come to pass!

5 Likes

Twitter comment amateur legal analysis never fails to deliver amusement.

3 Likes

I would love to see the reaction to Trump trying to railroad Gorsuch onto the court in time to hear this case.

3 Likes

Which of the Angry Birds was he? The little brown-feathered one with the big mouth?

Just for the record: gibbons are singing, quite beautifully but eeriely, in the early morning hours to mark their territory and to strengthen the bond within their group. And their movements through the canopy of their forests look graceful and still energetic.

Trump, on the other small hand…

3 Likes

In addition to the symptoms Melizmatic mentions, I’ve seen several sources comment about “sundowning:” It’s apparently fairly common for dementia sufferers to get more confused and agitated in late afternoon and evening. That’s consistent with stuff like Trump’s weird conversation with Australia’s PM (where staff excused his behavior by saying that he was “tired” because it was late in the day) and his evening Twitter rants.

But, obviously, a true diagnosis can’t be made at a distance so it’s just speculation.

4 Likes
7 Likes

SCOTUS declining to hear sounds likely. 3-0 against at the appellate and a 4-4 at best by the Supremes means they won’t want to waste their time.

3 Likes