Bannon Out of White House as Trump's Chief Strategist

It’s been yet another shitshow of a week, that’s for sure.

13 Likes

It’s not even Saturday yet. I have to go to my cousin’s wedding tomorrow, which features a large right-wing family.

At least there will be booze. And kilts.

7 Likes

In a 24 hour always on the internet news there is no reason to dump this on Friday. It will be there on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, etc…

2 Likes

Well I think my feelings are best put into song. By the Von Trapp Family by way of Rogers and Hammerstein

7 Likes

I don’t really understand the logic here. Why did Bannon and Scaramucci have to deliberately screw up? Why not just leave the job?

6 Likes

Does this mean Bannon is fleeing the Nazis or is this a junior high school production of the Night of the Long Knives?

3 Likes

Gonzo politics, maybe? (Just take a lot of drugs and smear a lot of shit around, then at least something’s sure to work!)

6 Likes

Same as always.

4 Likes

Its not exactly the House of Atreides here.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Trump Administration & Family = House Harkonnen

4 Likes

Few battles were lost by overestimating the opponent

1 Like

What looks better for Trump? Next guy to go leaves in disgust or guy is told he’s fired?

1 Like
13 Likes

I’ve liberated this comment from another user on another popular site:

Flynn and Bannon are gone.
Remaining on the list: Stephen Miller, Sebastian Gorka, Ilyn Payne, Meryn Trant, The
Mountain and Cersei.

6 Likes

4 Likes

He wanted to spend more time with his family… jewels.

1 Like

5 Likes

The Mooch was a kamikaze attack that successfully removed Priebus. No screwup involved.

Bannon has just relocated his desk from the West Wing back to the Ministry of Truth. Whether he has actually lost any power is yet to be determined. The pre-resignation interview was a calculated media hit, not an accident.

5 Likes

I still don’t get it. Some people have to give their boss an undated resignation letter. I have never been told to create an excuse to sack me. Usually its just we don’t need you anymore.

So if Bannon made that call to justify his sacking, why is he now bad mouthing Trump? If he was done with the administration why did he give them a reason to sack him?

It doesn’t sound like the way John Kelly would get rid of somebody. Its not direct enough.