Be heard! Take Trump's 'Mainstream Media Accountability' survey

Statically speaking…it doesn’t.

1 Like

Loaded questions are loaded.

4 Likes

I’m shocked how cathartic it is to fill that out and not submit it. That “Other” box got a workout!

5 Likes

Ah, me too! :smiley:

6 Likes

you have to go back to the grass n’ roots of recent wiki leaks etcetera first!

of course. please stop responding to these polls and stop hitting conservative websites. you are being tagged. there’s not one reply on this page which convinces me any of this is worthwhile, except that it’s boingboing and I’m wondering why its even here.

1 Like

Oh I had fun with the comments and ‘other’ sections. What a load of malarkey.

just put blargblarg@gmail.com

signed, Blarg

3 Likes

No. He has the opinion of Rusty Shackleford, Banjo Bindlestuff, Seymour Butts, Dennis Stewbuilder, Newton Fig, and the dozen other fake names I picked.

4 Likes

That’s why I did it with my throw away email and my name: “No One.”

2 Likes

And don’t forget all of the Catholic Worker houses.

One more fun fact: There’s no text limit on the text boxes so you can send an entire novel in each one.

9 Likes

“Do you believe that people of faith have been unfairly characterized by the media”

Hell yes! Muslims are unfairly characterized as violent and anti-democratic.

-jeff

6 Likes

I love the combination of individual liberty and religion, the latter is normally defined by a strictly defined set of rules; deviation from the governing framework are normally seen as bad behaviour - imo not very compatible with personal freedoms…

1 Like

We could write a similar survey with loaded questions intended to make idiots feel sorry for Trump and then ask for money at the end. Since there is no reporting results listed anywhere, it doesn’t even need to have data collected. if this isn’t a useless money grab, it could easily be turned into one.

Yes, this is a 2020 campaign promotion. Yes, you’re giving Trump your name and will likely receive junk mail as a result. And yes, depending on your answers, you’re also building a database that might make it a little easier for Trump to target non-supporters with future suppressive actions. But I don’t see the harm in filling it out. I even supplied my real name.

1. I don’t care if I receive junk mail from the Trump 2020 campaign.
  2. If Trump wants to build a database of domestic enemies, there’s plenty of other evidence online that would put me on that list.
  3. Regardless of the actual results, you can be certain Trump will report huge support for suppressing the media but he’s not the only person involved in this project. His inner circle may offer unquestioning support but I don’t mind giving them one more contradiction to have to rationalize. That a bunch of the non-supportive respondents appear to be from fake accounts will give them a big head start.
3 Likes

I wonder if anyone is going to read the “other” response category…

1 Like

That they are now complaining about Democrats filling in ‘our survey’ is proof that he is the President for his supporters only. The hell with everyone else.

5 Likes

I took the survey and answered everything the “wrong” way. It will be interesting to see what crap they start sending my way. Know thy enemy!

Great. You know who the campaign donation requests will be going to now, don’t you?

6 Likes

Your point 3 would be valid if this were a survey being presented to find out how people think.

That’s not what this is. It’s a push-poll designed to compile lists of suckers and extract money from said suckers. The questions are designed to get sympathetic poll-takers to end the poll feeling like they need to “do something” about the issues raised in the poll - and then they’re presented with a link to donate cash to the fight against the horrible things they just answered NO to in the poll. The e-mail addresses and ZIP codes of said suckers will be collected into a list that can be used to hit them up for money with inflammatory e-mails until they are dead. Their responses will also be used to figure out what keywords are likely to fire them up the most and get the biggest responses from them.

Your responses, on the other hand, will go to /dev/null since you aren’t clicking the link to donate. Your e-mail address and ZIP code, however, will be placed onto a second list. The list of valid-but-not-profitable e-mails that can be sold off to some sucker in the spam marketing game as a list of people willing to hand out their e-mail addresses to Donald Trump.

There is nothing about this poll that will be used for actual decision making. This isn’t a petition being put out to change minds or a survey being put out to gauge what people in general think. This is a marketing scam being pulled on Trump supporters. Anyone who isn’t a Trump supporter who fills it in with real information is just helping them make that second-tier mailing list slightly more profitable. (Filling it in with fake information is likely harmless, except for the poor schlub that you just signed up to be on the mailing list for Make America Great Again knock-off merchandise for at least the next 8 years because he happens to have an e-mail address that makes for a great punchline to the survey you just filled out).