Behold the most excellent first official White House portrait of Melania Trump

Post of the day! We got a WINNER!

4 Likes

Shouldn’t Ivanova be in the middle?

12 Likes

33 Likes

Hey, guys?

Can we not?

I mean, honestly guys…from 2008 through 2016 I was disgusted at the absolute level of misogyny, racism, and even transphobia lobbed at Michele Obama. She embraced her role as a public figure, and so put herself out there, but it was still really gross to watch the right wing attack the First Lady for her looks.

I mean, guys…I get it. She’s obviously very much into her looks, I’m as amazed as everyone else that the right wing embraced an erotic model as First Lady after complaining about seeing Michele Obama’s bare arms. But IMHO she’s not the President, she’s just the spouse who has been dragged along for the ride, and it’s equally clear that she doesn’t want to be a public figure.

And here we are, shaming a woman for her appearance. Well done, Boing Boing. Well done, Rob.

15 Likes

You give her too much credit.

this is totally fake,; I predict the real one will be her nude (but in a real classy way), with an American flag tastefully draped over her (one nipple showing), in the Lincoln bedroom. Some guy named John Barron will be credited with art direction.

6 Likes

At least we made airbrushing great again.

7 Likes

Fair enough. Unless we find out that she’s really the brains behind Trump’s desire to be President. Then the kid gloves are off.

I mean, it’s not inconceivable. The plagiarized speech could have been a calculated move to make her look Barbie-at-math smart, throwing the press off the trail.

Man…the more I think about it…the more plausible it gets…argh, now I need some tinfoil.

1 Like

Captain Sheridan is the POTUS the Galaxy needs, alright.

1 Like

Code name: SugarSkull

1 Like

Oddly, while she’s wearing that (really crass) engagement ring, she doesn’t appear to be wearing a wedding band.

15 Likes

There used to be Nazis who would go to gabber events. I don’t know if they still do though.

Most of the people I knew in the gabber scene were centrist to far left, so it wasn’t everyone. I’ll admit that it could be selection bias, I wouldn’t want anything to do with anyone who was openly far-right/white supremacist.

7 Likes

Before I saw that mallwave was a real thing, I thought it might sound like this:

Or maybe this:

3 Likes

8 Likes

I’m not.

I’m shaming a White House portrait that would be laughed off the cover of People due to its grossly obvious superficiality.

28 Likes

Yeah, I dunno. When I saw this I didn’t think “oh, the way that woman looks,” I thought “that looks just like a picture my brother got in a mall kiosk in 1982.”

15 Likes

That’s the Trump brand!

13 Likes

i’m suddenly feeling compelled to pull up all the recent previous first lady portraits, just to see them all together. for context.

4 Likes

I’d like to imagine they dropped a good pill and hugged a mixed-race person whilst caught up in the moment, and then had to resolve the resulting identity crisis by dropping the Nazi bullshit.

3 Likes

Fashwave?

[ETA] A second article on fashwave from the Guardian:

The far right has appropriated every genre of music popular with young people as a recruitment tool over the years. Techno seems to be no different…

12 Likes