Biden and Harris sworn-in

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/20/biden-and-harris-sworn-in.html

22 Likes

the muppets dancing GIF

Live stream still going on - President Biden still giving his remarks:

54 Likes

Thank. Goodness.

40 Likes

We made it! The re-building and un-doing work has just begun, and the struggle against the fascists and Know-Nothing 27%ers and their conservative and Libertarian enablers is not over, but at least a corrupt and bigoted scumbag regime in thrall to a Russian autocrat no longer holds the White House.

52 Likes

The sudden release of tension in my back and shoulders hit me like a shot of morphine.

49 Likes
42 Likes

9B8C713A-0C58-479A-B753-2352B42A124B

A great big, deep exhale of relief

46 Likes

Thank fuck.

29 Likes

28 Likes

I guess I can put this back up again.

47 Likes

Seriously, though. The endorphin rush today is amazing.

22 Likes

And I can start using the President’s (no scare quotes or asterisk needed) proper name again. Four years of not doing that was more than enough for a lifetime.

34 Likes

It sure does feel like waking up from a long nightmare. Truly a wonderful day!

29 Likes

I’ve flown the flag every day since I bought my first house in 2001. I took it down early last year for some house maintenance but I was so revolted by something at the time (and truthfully there was so, so much to be appalled by) that I couldnt stomach putting it back up.

This makes me happy.

27 Likes

Amanda Gorman’s reading has me feeling more hope than I’ve imagined at any point in the last century-long period of four years.

40 Likes

I know, right? What a beautiful poem.

32 Likes

It’s been pretty great so far.

Would have been happier with a lot less religion, and I really wish Garth Brooks had put his damn mask back on before he ran around and hugged every important person he could catch, but a happy day, overall.

18 Likes

Agreed. And speaking of the endorphin rush others have mentioned - my eyes started leaking during her reading and haven’t stopped yet.
Yeah, muthafuckas!

26 Likes

Happier about Harris than Biden, but way happier overall than I’ve been in weeks. We have a long way to go, but I feel pretty good about where we’re going.

17 Likes

27 Likes