Biden beats trump

Seriously; CONGRATULATIONS FROM CANADA!!!

34 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how the QAnon fit this turn of events into their paranoid fantasies.

10 Likes

Obligs:

:musical_note: The People have a right to party... and we're not waiting 'til you're gone...

21 Likes

Maybe, but my experience with narcissists IRL is that when defeat is undeniable, they cave in. They collapse emotionally.

So I can easily see him spending the next couple of months merely trying to salvage his own sorry assed future.

20 Likes

I cracked open that Prosecco I had in the fridge since last Tuesday. Woohooooo!!! :tada::clinking_glasses:

Happy day!

23 Likes

Which, if they tried, would definitely cause a second Civil War. There is no way a such blatantly false ruling would be accepted by the population, and it would signal that the Supreme Court had become complicit in trying to instill a dictatorship. Nothing they or the executive said from then on would be considered legitimate, and we’d have protests and rioting start the next day and just not stop. And you know we’d hit the point where Trump had them start shooting - which would be the final straw and cause the rioters to start shooting back, sparking an all-out civil war.

15 Likes

20 Likes

From what I’ve been reading, it’s sometimes that, and sometimes burning everything to the ground and trying to take as many people with them as possible. For our sake, I really hope he just spends the next three months drunk at his golf courses, trying to milk the taxpayers for every cent he can. It’s so much better than the alternative.

17 Likes

“Ah, so THIS is why people drink alcohol! Surprised I never tried it before. BLECCCHHH!!

16 Likes

Yes. He didn’t just go to the golf course. He was sent. He is being kept from Twitter and a podium, while they formulate his next steps. The staff themselves are trying to figure out a way to get him to give a concession speech. And need some peace and quiet to figure it out.

26 Likes

Congrats, you guys! Now to rebuild everything this orange-shaped walking disaster destroyed!

25 Likes

Also, fuck the New York Times.

20 Likes

Congratulations, America! You did it! :us: :+1:

20 Likes

Tree bien!

13 Likes

This is how it feels to finally find my wallet, after a long time looking everywhere.

I’m not actually any richer than I was before, but at least I’m not poorer than I feared.

Now… maybe America can come through with an actual, honest to God federal coordinated response to Covid? If more fracking is the price we pay to try to deal with the pandemic, so be it…

15 Likes

I’m hoping (at least today) that when he said he won’t ban fracking, what he meant was that he’ll be replacing it with renewables.

15 Likes

We’ve lost a few years together but welcome back to the liberal international order, US!

13 Likes

“We won’t ban it. We’ll hit every barrel of oil produced by fracking with a $300 surcharge to fund development of renewables, but we won’t ban it, per se.”

19 Likes
27 Likes

also, why do they insist on saying he’ll be the oldest president evar, when trump also would’ve been the oldest president if he’d been reelected?

18 Likes