Biden drops out of the race for President

:thinking:

7 Likes

Congratulations to the rabid press clamouring for this, i guess. You get what you wanted.

Stephen Colbert Slow Clap GIF

23 Likes

Lots of champagne popping in corporate settings/on golf courses right now, I’d guess.

12 Likes

That is the classic American trifecta, isn’t it? Targets for racism, sexism, and homophobia all in one tidy package. :rage:

6 Likes

And lots of vodka being poured in Moscow. This year’s ratfucking was even more successful than 2016!

12 Likes

Yes, absolutely. To be honest, barring catastrophe, I think this solidified his legacy more than anything else could have. His reputation will immediately go from doddering hospice patient to beloved elder ushering us through a dark age. And rightfully so, because…

And that’s exactly the case that Kamala will make. She’s a bulldog and will gish gallop over this fool with facts and figures like he’s never yet encountered. Hilary did the best she could with what she had, but in addition to the press pillorying her, Comey dropping an atomic bomb just before the election and the Dems not yet understanding that this was a fundamentally different race than any in the past, she simply couldn’t anticipate how screwed she really was. Kamala is a prosecutor and knows how to study a person to get under their skin. And Black women really get under trump’s skin.

I have two 18 year olds and I speak to a lot of centrist/undecided/swing voters on a daily basis and I swear that this will be a massive momentum shift. They have all been waiting for someone like Kamala to get behind.

27 Likes

That’s great to hear. And to think about.

I Hope Please GIF

23 Likes

Meh. That came up before. It’s not really an impediment. It just says they can’t both be “inhabitants” of the same state, and it doesn’t define what that means. The picture in that thumbnail shows Bush and Cheney for a reason. Shortly before the GOP convention, if memory serves, they both were residents of Texas. Cheney rented an apartment or something in Wyoming shortly before the election, which was enough to satisfy the “inhabitant” requirement. Harris is almost certainly currently an inhabitant of the District of Columbia. That’s a non-issue.

ETA: Cheney obtained a Wyoming driver’s license and put his Dallas home up for sale. That was deemed sufficient. This isn’t as stringent a requirement as establishing residency.

21 Likes

By the same token, if she was up for the job, Biden not lasting four more years wouldn’t be an issue.

To be clear: IT HAD BETTER FUCKING BE HARRIS!

I just think we have to be ready for it to be TO FIGHT AGAINST … Romney? (We’ll get the old school Republicans and all the Biden voters!)

Edited to add agency!

3 Likes

Another ahole, I said they had a lot of them, has spoken.

Mike Johnson

At this unprecedented juncture in American history, we must be clear about what just happened. The Democrat Party forced the Democrat nominee off the ballot, just over 100 days before the election.

Having invalidated the votes of more than 14 million Americans who selected Joe Biden to be the Democrat nominee for president, the self-proclaimed ‘party of democracy’ has proven exactly the opposite.

The party’s prospects are no better now with Vice President Kamala Harris, who co-owns the disastrous policy failures of the Biden Administration. As second in command and a completely inept border czar, Harris has been a gleeful accomplice — not only in the destruction of American sovereignty, security, and prosperity, but also in the largest political coverup in U.S. history. She has known for as long as anyone of his incapacity to serve.

Regardless of the chaos in the current White House, our adversaries around the globe should be reminded that the U.S. Congress, the U.S. military, and the American people are fully prepared and committed to defend our interests both at home and abroad.

If Joe Biden is not fit to run for President, he is not fit to serve as President. He must resign the office immediately. November 5 cannot arrive soon enough.

18 Likes

And if racism and sexism is the reason these voters won’t vote or won’t vote for her, then fuck them. America will get what it deserves.

4 Likes

Meaning a lot of Black and brown people will get what they deserve?
Women will get what they deserve?
Trans people will get what they deserve?

19 Likes

The Republicans think they have some “the fourteenth amendment doesn’t make you a natural-born citizen” trick they can pull to prevent her from taking office. https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-eligible-be-president-despite-misleading-posts-2023-10-18/

It’s hogwash, but would sow fear, uncertainty, and doubt before the election.

8 Likes

Was she? :thinking:

Fucking NY Times. When did they EVER say that about Tromp, who was brand new to politics?

31 Likes

Roy Cooper’s name has come up, and he might help with NC. That said, while I like Roy, Buttigieg would certainly take the stuffing out of Vance.

7 Likes

Just occured to me-- too bad Biden didn’t make this announcement during Tromp’s acceptance speech…

14 Likes

I know I’m not the person who needs to be convinced, but I feel a lot of Americans recognize that the VP is a very important position, but not one where you expect to see a lot of accomplishments (as VP). Bush the Elder and Biden didn’t have a huge list of VP accomplishments but won, Gore also came close to winning.

1 Like

Huh?

Crooked Joe just got knocked out, so now I’ll have to do it a FOURTH TIME!!!

7 Likes

Or Vance, for that matter, who’s only qualification is that he’s adjacent to money.

5 Likes

He’s concern tr0lling.

4 Likes