Biden is a drugger, says Fox News — and will go to debate "jacked up" on, er, "Mountain Dew" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/25/biden-is-a-drugger-says-fox-news-and-will-go-to-debate-jacked-up-on-er-mountain-dew-video.html

10 Likes

Mountain Dew GIF

26 Likes

IMG_3889

19 Likes

This talking point about finding the right recipe to perk Biden up is excuse no. 2 for Trump losing the debate.

Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX) was the White House physician known for running a pill mill out of his office, doling out amphetamines like Adderall and Provigil. So it’s entirely predictable, using our “every accusation is a confession” rule, that Jackson would be the principal source of a baseless accusation against Biden.

Said Jackson about Biden on a recent podcast with Don Trump, Jr.,

“Some of those are drugs that are engineered to try and help with your cognition. Some of them are just to try and make you more awake—the amphetamine-type drugs like Adderall and things of that nature, and then there’s things like Provigil that increase your alertness. So, I think they’re probably trying to find just the right mix of stuff that can wake him up and make him a little bit more alert and with it.”

12 Likes

I’m no neurologist but I think if you took a dementia patient and filled them to the gills with Mountain Dew the result wouldn’t be someone who turned into a world-class whip-smart debater for 90 minutes, it would be someone who struggled to make it through 90 minutes without wetting themselves.

31 Likes

ummm… :thinking:
you know what else has caffeine in it?
tRump’s favorite, Diet Coke.
will the orange gasbag be “trumped up” on sodypop? inquiring minds want to know.

20 Likes

So basically the debate goes down to “Coke vs. Pepsi”?

14 Likes

So… Trump?

15 Likes

He’s got it covered.

(Yes, it’s trashy tabloid garbage, but no worse than the coverage he deserves)

8 Likes

Shannon Sharpe demonstrates the effects -

Shannon Sharpe Mtn Dew GIF - Shannon Sharpe Mtn Dew Mountain Dew - Discover & Share GIFs - radiozona.com.ar

10 Likes

Please, please, please: Biden should walk on the stage with two cans of Dew - one for him, one for Drumpf.

14 Likes

trashy tabloid garbage is right!
i have seen in articles from the Atlantic, the Guardian and others reporting that the tRump team of sycophants keep saying that it is Biden doing the duece in the trousers in France and on the setee in the Oval Office, leaving an embarassing stain on that revered furniture.

this is nonsense.

this is the expected projection from these stunted individuals throwing their grade-school mentality into a very public forum that should be above these absolutely idiotic inuendo.
ARE WE NOT more “grown up” than this?
i know i should not ask, but, just how low can we go?

“at long last, have we no sense of decency?”

9 Likes

“Here Donald, I hope you can”, puts on sunglasses, “handle it.”

mqdefault

9 Likes

I suspect he’s saying Mountain Dew because he wants plausible deniability if these accusations later start biting them in the ass. “What? I never said he was on illegal drugs! I said Mountain Dew!” Fox viewers know what he’s implying, regardless, but I don’t think he literally means Mountain Dew.

The positive thing to keep in mind from all of this nonsense is that it makes it crystal clear that Trump and his supporters are scared to death of this debate. They’re afraid he’s going to look weak compared to Biden, and they’re afraid he may end up really not making any sense at all. I’m choosing to view these attacks as a good sign.

16 Likes

I think you’re underestimating the powers of Mountain Dew…

Bryan Cranston Soda GIF by Mountain Dew

14 Likes

I used to drink like 4-6 Mt Dews a day. It helps keep you awake, but that’s about it.

I’m down to 1 a day now.

5 Likes

12 Likes

csi miami GIF

“Yeeeooooooowww!!!”

4 Likes

Let him know about Guaraná!

10 Likes

Has been since, I don’t know, the 1950ies?
Possibly earlier. @Mindysan33 would know.

3 Likes