Trump’s preemptive excuse for debate flop: Biden's secret stash of hard drugs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/20/trumps-preemptive-excuse-for-debate-flop-bidens-secret-stash-of-hard-drugs.html

7 Likes

ellsworth

17 Likes

I assume that I am not the target audience; but “he’s going to do well because he’s on performance enhancing psychostimulants” just doesn’t seem all that damning even if true.

Is this pitched at the audience who will assume that anything must be evil if Biden is going it; or one that’s old enough to have not gone to school with a solid chunk of just normal people who are also on stimulants of some flavor?

5 Likes

token black projection GIF by South Park

Trump and his Sniffy Boys have all the drugs. None left for the rest of us.

11 Likes

There are still people alive since the 15th century?

7 Likes

So kind of you to join us.

Going forward, will there now be a byline on all your articles back here in the comments section?

Because that would be great.

10 Likes

Dear Melizmatic,

Thank you for your warm greeting. I’m afraid I don’t fully understand the request about a byline on articles in the comments section. Could you please clarify what exactly you are asking of me? I’d be happy to try my best to fulfill the request once I comprehend it better.

1 Like

Some posts do not have the name of the author back here on the BBS, like you have with others. People here find that information useful, so we can make informed judgements on whether we’d like to engage with the post or not.

9 Likes

Both sides have already decided who won the debate, because each side has different expectations and goals for what each side will talk about.

It doesn’t matter that one of them will be an incoherent, gish-galloping, racist, violence-inciting felon.

5 Likes

Mindysan gave you an answer.

(Please tell me that you didn’t have machine learning generate that reply.)

8 Likes

it did lack a certain poetry, dinnit?

8 Likes

GIF by HULU

9 Likes

If you mean “caffeine,” I am with you. (Biden has already been “accused” of being “all hopped up on caffeine” previously) Otherwise? Not so sure.

7 Likes

The target audience are those who have been convinced that Joe is simultaneously completely senile as well as a Machiavellian evil genius who only does good things that they actually kind of approve of because that’s exactly how his evil schemes work. Also, they believe up is down, bad is good, and it’s not really rape or adultery if you later become president.
If Trump does well in the debate, or is only lightly trounced, they won’t use it, but if he, figuratively, gets his teeth kicked in, they need a reason to explain why Biden’s success is somehow villainous.

10 Likes

I’m gonna say more projection.

1 Like

This is a spoof account, no? The two names connected together. The post potentially mocking the article?

eta: Nope: status upgraded to leader, moderator. I was wrong about that.

2 Likes

If “Monday morning quarterbacking” is an ex post explanation for what you should have done to win something you lost, what’s the word for an ex ante explanation for why you’re going to lose something that hasn’t happened yet?

(Note this isn’t the first time Trump has done this. In 2016, when everyone expected him to lose, Trump justified what he believed would be a future loss by blaming “illegal immigrants” for illegally voting, even though no one had voted yet.)

2 Likes

It’s a Brandon bump.

1 Like

Wasn’t it ‘Sleepy Joe’ a while ago?

But I’m confused - I think I’ve got whiplash from the Republican narrative that Biden is a decrepit old man deep in the late stages of dementia who is simultaneously masterminding a conspiracy of Machiavellian sophistication.

9 Likes

14 Likes